nigel99

Stupid!

Arrived at work this morning (bad enough working on a Saturday and turned the key 1 step to far on the bike as Park is next to steering lock and I didn't notice. Long story short - went to go home and flat battery - the battery is a bit of a bitch to access (requires an alan key to remove the seat). So now I am stuck at work while the battery charges:S
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Can't you push start it??

Depends on the bike..and where he is sitting ,how big they are, and if they know how! and HOW dead is the battery..(lotta If's)

electronic ignitions require a lot of juice, not like the good ol Points models!

So, How is the battery charging now?[:/]

Can't you push start it??

Depends on the bike..and where he is sitting ,how big they are, and if they know how! and HOW dead is the battery..(lotta If's)

electronic ignitions require a lot of juice, not like the good ol Points models!

So, How is the battery charging now?[:/]

I wouldn't even begin to try push starting my bike - it has less than 1500 miles on the clock lots of pretty plastic bits and about 90% chance that I would drop it trying. Also being full of electronics (R6) I am not even sure if you can as even the throttle is "fly by wire".

I work in electronics so battery is charging from a benchtop power supply (answer to skyrider).

All charged up and ready to go now.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

BTW, this might be a good time to point out investing in a Batteryu tender,,that way a plug in is always available to charge the battery...since you are into electronis you can easially make an adapter that will fit any charger , that you keep in teh tool kit of the bike!

My Old bike, (1942) is 6 volt...I have run it on lantern batteries more than once!B|