DJL

Crooners and Big Band Era Music

My girlfriend loves this shit and it's her birthday tomorrow. I'm putting together a CD based mostly from Audrey Hepburn movies along with The Green Mile. There's GOTTA be some of you nuts who are minor authorities on this genre so.....post away.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Not sure what you are looking for, but my 'rents say these bands were just sick. The heavy metal/grunge guys of the Big Band era. Or words to that effect.

Glenn Miller

Benny Goodman featuring Gene Krupa on the drums. 'Rents appreciated Krupa, but didn't trust him. Apparently he was caught with marijuana at one time.:o

Harry James

Duke Ellington

Tommy Dorsey

Andrews Sisters

Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I ended up with a mix of mostly Duke Ellington, Bing Crosby, and Fred Astaire, with one track from Edith Piaf. Thanks folks.

Glen miller HAS to be in there somewhere . . . with titles like "In The Mood" and "string of Pearls" . . . you gotta have some GM in the mix.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun