Amazon

How would you feel if you spent a couple years in jail because of your Toyota?

>Most new cars use fly by wire instead of a mechanical linkage, over
>engineering IMHO....

More like cheaper underengineering. Two pots and a spring are a lot cheaper than a springloaded cable linkage that goes through the firewall.

>engineering IMHO....

More like cheaper underengineering. Two pots and a spring are a lot cheaper than a springloaded cable linkage that goes through the firewall.

I was under the assumption that fly by wire was becoming common place due to fuel economy reasons...

Cheaper to manufacture doesn't really make sence with retooling the lines etc...but it would be quite intresting to know what the total costs in comparason would be...

You should price out costs to the vehicle owner to replace such parts if required......I replaced a throttle body assembly on a domestic car the other month to the tune of $600 for the part alone....never seen a throttle cable cost that much......;)

>engineering IMHO....

I was under the assumption that fly by wire was becoming common place due to fuel economy reasons...

Cheaper to manufacture doesn't really make sence with retooling the lines etc...but it would be quite intresting to know what the total costs in comparason would be...

You should price out costs to the vehicle owner to replace such parts if required......I replaced a throttle body assembly on a domestic car the other month to the tune of $600 for the part alone....never seen a throttle cable cost that much......;)

Before EFI replaced them, I remember it being common for a replacement carb to cost far in excess of $600.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.