NickDG

"Crashing Sucks!"

It was a blazing hot afternoon at Lake Elsinore in 1978. The Beech D-18 was full and I jumped into the right seat. Gary Douris was flying (RIP) and I noticed, on his yoke, one of those sticky stamped things, that said "Crashing Sucks!" I only had about a hundred jumps then and I asked Gary what does that mean? And he looked at me like I was from Mars.

Since that day I've put that little message in/on every car, truck, and motorcycle I've ever owned.

Crawling out of the Perris Bomb Shelter at 2am in the morning (with less than a mile to drive home) that stupid sticker always made me think twice and I'd just crawl up in the back instead.

I want to put one on Nina's handlebars, but when I went down to the Office Depot the kid on duty didn't know what I was taking about. It's that thing with the wheel and you set the letters and punch out the message. Don't they make those anymore?

I'm pretty much doomed if they don't . . .

NickD :)

You are talking about Dymo Label Makers! :) (My age is showing)

The more modern version is called P-Touch and is available at Office Depot, Office Max, Staples, etc
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

It was a blazing hot afternoon at Lake Elsinore in 1978. The Beech D-18 was full and I jumped into the right seat. Gary Douris was flying (RIP) and I noticed, on his yoke, one of those sticky stamped things, that said "Crashing Sucks!" I only had about a hundred jumps then and I asked Gary what does that mean? And he looked at me like I was from Mars.

Since that day I've put that little message in/on every car, truck, and motorcycle I've ever owned.

Crawling out of the Perris Bomb Shelter at 2am in the morning (with less than a mile to drive home) that stupid sticker always made me think twice and I'd just crawl up in the back instead.

I want to put one on Nina's handlebars, but when I went down to the Office Depot the kid on duty didn't know what I was taking about. It's that thing with the wheel and you set the letters and punch out the message. Don't they make those anymore?

I'm pretty much doomed if they don't . . .

NickD :)

http://www.chopperstickers.com/Crashing-Sucks-pr-79.html
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Bill's wife Peggy is having a tough go . . .

>>Bill Deli's Wife Peggy Fighting For Her Life

It comes with great anguish that I must inform you that Bill Deli's wife Peggy is fighting for her life at this time. She has been fighting a pancreas problem for a couple of years and now it has developed into cancer. Bill says that he will be keeping us updated on her progress and asks for your thoughts and prayers for Peggy's recovery.

You may contact bill at [email protected].

Bill is very busy taking care of Peggy now but says that he will answer any and all mail that comes his way and thanks you for your support.<<

This is from the Airtrash page at: http://www.airtrash.com/

But you don't have to be Trash to send well wishes . . .

NickD

I've placed the 'crashing sucks' sticker on every vehicle I've owned since my mustang crashed in 1978, and I was pronounced 'dead', bagged and tagged. The cooler sticker would be 'dieing sucks.........for awhile'.

Maybe next time.

Bet you scared the fuck out of the coroner during autopsy.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message