kkeenan

Fla. Rocket Launch Tonight

A Delta 4 is planned for launch this evening at 6:06 pm (EST) from Cape Canaveral. This is the "Heavy Lift" version of the rocket, meaning that it has a triple-body first stage, and is one huge Mofo. This is the most powerful version of the Delta 4, and will be carrying a classified National Reconnaissance Office payload called "NROL-32". The payload is rumored to be a very large communications monitoring satellite, which has been called, "the biggest satellite in the world".

Defense and technical aspects aside, this should be a very picturesque launch. It will be just after dark with a big moon coming up. Grab a beer and head down to the river for a great view. It should be very visible from the Titusville, DeLand, or Sebastian DZs

For updates, check here:
http://www.spaceflightnow.com/delta/d351/status.html

what ever happened with the Shuttle launch??
did it Go???

or No...

STS-133 launch date is still under review. Work is under way to fix some cracks that were found in the External Tank. Launch has been tentatively set for Dec. 3 at 2:52 am. (EST).

More info at:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/shuttle/main/index.html

Oopsie. Scrubbed.
All this to find one missing Russian at Perris.

Well, isn't it obvious???

He must have "disappeared" there in order to covertly observe the Chinese ballistic missile test last week.

:P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

"Heard/Felt" a Delta 4 liftoff from Vandenburg a few years ago. My apartment was about 6 miles from the launch site.

3:30 am, "woke" me up, I was up and looking out the window before I was "awake".

Amazing feeling.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

"Heard/Felt" a Delta 4 liftoff from Vandenburg a few years ago. My apartment was about 6 miles from the launch site.

3:30 am, "woke" me up, I was up and looking out the window before I was "awake".

Amazing feeling.

Did it have a contrail?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun