britboynz

Anyone know where I can get an Aqua Boy?

The DZ where I work is right next to a lake, so we have to jump with a flotation device.

One of the guys at the DZ has an aqua buoy attached to his rig on the main lift web (it's a small plastic box about 3-3.5 inches by 2 inches by 2 inches) & contains an inflatable buoyancy aid (not an over the head type vest). Apparently they're not manufactured anymore though. Anyone know where I can get one?

Cheers

Russ

Sounds like what they have at my home DZ. However, I don't think they're available anymore, based on the blurb at Square1.

This new floatation gear is far superior to the now unavailable aqua buoys.

As the instructor descibed it (the Aquaboy) "This ISN'T going to keep YOU afloat, it's only there to keep your rig from sinking once you ditch it."

Updated flotation equipment, here
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Couldn't find any "Aquabuoys" after quite a bit of searching. I did find the cheapest floatation gear at

aircraftspruce.com

Really reasonable.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

I personally use a GA-12 (it's a TSO'd device) and I put it in a cypres pouch. It will float you and your gear.

http://www.pilotstore.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=1695

d

The only reason to get an aqua buoy is to use it as a target.>:( Since your next to a lake you really need something that will work. See the options above. I found a place that sells life vests out of airliners, but don't have the info with me. Good deal. Also Cheif's Pilot supply has the cheapest price on a one cell inflatible that I've found.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE