superman0710

how long after graduating from AFF did you wait to get your gear?

I was researching before I started, since my husband already jumped. I wanted to go in armed with as much knowledge as possible. I had our master rigger keeping an eye out for gear after my AFF level 1. Actually bought gear by the end of AFF. Did a couple jumps on rental gear (190 sq ft) before jumping my own Sabre 170 (0.97 wing loading). I have student loans to pay off, so renting every time I jumped is cost prohibative. The gear I bought will last me a very long time since I got things that fit and serves as good newbie equipment. I will not change gear until I can fly the hell out of my own, and there's so very much I need to learn first.

Jen

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

I bought a used conainter and reserve around jump 20 (had to jump on it due to my size) but waited until about 4 jumps ago to buy and start jumping my used Sihlouette.

It was frustrating to have a partial rig and still have to rent but it allowed me to downsize in comfort.

I got all my own gear at jump #36, first time on my Wings, Spectre, and Swift Plus Reserve. I got everything used, cept my brand new Wings....all together I spent about $2000.
I graduated AFF back in like September or October I think, but have my own gear and will be getting my A next month.:)

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

AFF ... ha... I bought my own gear from my instructor and he rigged it up from jump # 1 for static line;)

It was at Homestead ....long long ago. The gear was an old military 4 pin surplus rig with a C-9 for a belly wart... and the main was a worn out Papillion ( those were rounds.)

I jumped my own gear on jump 15 which was my 7th jump after AFF. I came across something that was nearly perfect and it was too good of a deal to pass up! I sold the container shortly after and bought a new one which i just jumped this weekend. :)

*daizey*

I started reasearching as soon as I started AFF. I bought a used rig off of DZ.com with the advice of my rigger. I had it by the time I completed AFF. It needed some minor repairs/mods. I slowly downsized and jumped it on #27. I love the fact that I no longer have to wait my turn renting during a busy weekend. Saving on the rental costs means more jumps.:)
Monkeyboy
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Waited until I got my "A" license. couldn't find used gear that fit so I ordered new. I got the gear by about jump 85. I lvoe the gear and with a downsized canopy it should get me through to jump 800 with no problem at all.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

I got a sweet deal around jump 40 on my container and reserve, both used. From jump 40-100 I rented mains. I jumped spectre 170, saffire2 169 and sab2 170. For me that was the perfect situation since I got to try each one out. In the end I got a sab2 170 used from PD. I have no desire to downsize and see myself putting hundreds of jumps on this canopy so most likely I will get a new container within the next year.