ZigZagMarquis

Any BASE jumpers missing?

Dont know if that was a serious question or not but I am pretty sure it is illegal to knowingly cause harm to a human body; dead or alive.

Serious question.......no. But how much danger did the people put themselves in that helped recover the body from that height? Like they said, it took quite a bit of time, skill and planning to successfully recover the body. Was it time and $$ well spent or was there an "easier" less dangerous alternative approach to the recovery? What about one of them giant inflatable airbags things. The use of one of those would help any damage the body would incur from the fall.

Well, regardless of the effect on the autopsy, we're all entitled to a little dignity in death. If this were a deceased BASE jumper, few people here would be advocating throwing his or her body off an 1100-foot platform, even if recovering it more gracefully cost time and money.

I seriously doubt any of the recovery crew were put in significant danger - if they were, then they should have spent more time and money to avoid that.

Sounds like the high angle team got some practice. They are professionals, I wouldn't worry too much about there safety. They know what they are doing. Also like someone else mentioned, they really only had to lower him down to the elevator. Even me and my redneck friends could rig that up.
BASE 1384

Well, regardless of the effect on the autopsy, we're all entitled to a little dignity in death. If this were a deceased BASE jumper, few people here would be advocating throwing his or her body off an 1100-foot platform, even if recovering it more gracefully cost time and money.

I seriously doubt any of the recovery crew were put in significant danger - if they were, then they should have spent more time and money to avoid that.

He did say it wasn’t a serious question.

I'd like to go on record and say if you find my dead body I don’t care what you do with it. Damaging my dead body that is just going to be cremated (preferably in a funeral pyre at the dz or perhaps on a Viking longship) won’t make much of a difference to me.

Now my family and friends may have another view on that.

I'd like to go on record and say if you find my dead body I don’t care what you do with it. Damaging my dead body that is just going to be cremated (preferably in a funeral pyre at the dz or perhaps on a Viking longship) won’t make much of a difference to me.

Now my family and friends may have another view on that.

Yeah, those Viking longships don't come cheap! ;)