NWFlyer

Renters - do you have renter's insurance?

Thank you for bumping - we sometimes forget about these important things. Given the recent plumbing boo-boo, I will ask just exactly what my flatmate's insurance covers...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I've had renters insurance ever since ive lived on my own. For around $100/yr I get $35000 in coverage with a $500 deductible. I bought it for the worst case scenario of a total loss due to fire or whatever.

Had a break in about a year ago and lost a bunch of stuff. Laptops, cameras, video cameras, video games. pretty much any small electronics they could find. All my Liqour and some skydiving gear that was in a travelbag that they took as well.

Total claim was for just over $10,000 once everything was replaced with new items. So ya that $100 a year was totally worth it.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Thank you for bumping - we sometimes forget about these important things. Given the recent plumbing boo-boo, I will ask just exactly what my flatmate's insurance covers...

If you are subletting from your flatmate I believe you should have your own insurance.

If you are subletting from your flatmate I believe you should have your own insurance.

Well, the good thing is that in France it's mandatory to get renter's insurance. This insurance, however, doesn't always cover your personal belongings, although it can. And it doesn't always cover other people's belongings in the flat, but it can. I haven't had a chance to check with him yet, but as he uses one of the rooms as storage for the stock from his company, I wouldn't be surprised if he had the whole-nine-yards...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss