lintern

Where can I get Gatorz sunglasses in the UK ?

I live in the UK and I am after some Gatorz Radiator sunglasses for skydiving.

I was told that Gatorz are not available in the UK so I rang Gatorz directly in California.

The lady I spoke to told me that there is 'free trading' between the UK and the USA so I would not have to pay any import charges.

So I went ahead and ordered them, in addition to paying $50 for postage and packing.

They arrived at the UPS depot 50 miles from my house who rang me to say they need £31 (about $60) for import tax !

This, on top of the postage and packing almost doubled the price of the glasses !

Not wanting to be ripped off, I refused the package and the lady I spoke to at Gatorz apologised and said my credit card would be refunded.

Is there anywhere in the UK where I can get Gatorz from? Or is there some way I can avoid being ripped off with import tax ?

I know I could get them if I went over to the USA and I would love to go there on a jumping holiday, but I cannot afford it - expecially with flights being so expensive.

The Gatorz I ordered were the Radiator, brushed aluminium frame with grey lenses (I thought coloured lenses when skydiving may not be a good idea).

Any suggestions ?

i was looking for some a while ago and couldn't find any i'm afraid - none of the usual suspect seem to have them. Ended up getting some in eloy at christmas. Have you looked on the website in the dealers section though? it might have changed. (i'd look for you but the work firewall doesn't seem to like that site....)
Never try to eat more than you can lift

trade you for a pair of boots i can't seem to find in the Chicago/NYC area any moreB|;). I've almost resorted to ordering them online for myself from the UK. Should have just gotten them last time I was in London

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?