amstalder

I found my skydiving replacement :(

where is that ? Goldmine Skydiving ? :o

Korea... Sucks.

I was in Korea from 2001-2002.
I did the same thing but I took mid tour and went to Australia and jumped. when I came back i continued skydiving.

Skydiving doesn't have to be an every day thing. you can come back to it when you have the location...however I think you should spend $75 for one jump and put Korea in your logbook.

Enjoy Korea while you're there. Go snow boarding.
IIRC you're there with your husband who is in the military.
the further you get from base the nicer the people are. go take some trips.

All of our gear is in Florida, so no jumping most likely, but that's okay :)
We have been travelling the country a good bit, and, minus a few asshat cabbies, everyone has been extremely nice.

We have been travelling the country a good bit, and, minus a few asshat cabbies, everyone has been extremely nice.

When you comming to Perth?:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That is a good question. How cold does it get in the next few months?

The coldest it will get in the day time is about 15degrees C overnight lows can get to Zero degrees C,
No snow EVER
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I like rock climbing, did it alot with my dad growing up.

I think I'm going to get into Kite Boarding. No to low wind = Skydive. Mid to high wind = Kite Boarding. :)
I'll add in some more hobbies if I ever get back to Colorado.

Edited to remove the automatic link it tries to insert in my post. >:(

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

If you like climbing you can still get your freefall on, sort of.

Go rapping aussie style. Tie in to the back of your harness (harness with d-ring in the back). Harness, figure 8, static line/rope, gloves, and a good equalized anchor, your good to go. You stop by putting your line between your legs. Just get some good instruction, proper anchoring techniques before you throw youself off a cliff. There's no prusik knot like rappelling ass first. You let go of the rope, you fall. Really fucks with the life span of your $600 rope too.

Have fun climbing, the sky will wait for you.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=QvG-QZ1SOO4

or you could do the same thing with no wall in front of you, off a firetruck ladder (for example) i heard it called a falling angel, its the one thing we couldnt do in rope class :(
maybe when i take rope tech they will let us :D

i dont see why you couldnt use a second line and person up at the top as a belay for your aussie style descent. . .
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

i dont see why you couldnt use a second line and person up at the top as a belay for your aussie style descent. . .

you can, you can also set it as a top rope, but where's the fun in relying on other people to save your life.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That is a good question. How cold does it get in the next few months?

The coldest it will get in the day time is about 15degrees C overnight lows can get to Zero degrees C,
No snow EVER

Hmmm, well, this is awfully tempting. We had our first hot day today. Maybe some time this summer, I'll visit Perth.

if youre doing top rope climbing, or a rappel, theres no use for that. personally id MUCH rather use tandem prusik cords over a gri gri ANY day. for one, its much easier on the rope. . .
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

if youre doing top rope climbing, or a rappel, theres no use for that. personally id MUCH rather use tandem prusik cords over a gri gri ANY day. for one, its much easier on the rope. . .

the grigri is PERFECT for top-rope, same goes for rappelling. you dont think that a rope sliding over smoothly machined alloy treats it better than the friction caused by another rope, then fine, your argument is valid.. :S
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

the grigri is PERFECT for top-rope, same goes for rappelling. you dont think that a rope sliding over smoothly machined alloy treats it better than the friction caused by another rope, then fine, your argument is valid.. :S

They seriously need an FJC for climbing. I have so much to learn.

from the top of my head, i could point you to two schools doing exactly that.

climbing without taking a course, pretty much as in skydiving, is a pretty stupid idea..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

not sliding over it, but what about when your rappeler falls, and that "smoothly machined piece of alloy" locks down on it? the ones ive seen ahd little metal teeth on the side where it grips the rope. so yeah, id rather a soft grip system over a grigri.

climbing without taking a course, pretty much as in skydiving, is a pretty stupid idea..

By all means, please list them.

Are you near any indoor rock walls? They are a great place to begin. A good way to meet people, and will probably know of a few local courses.

By all means, please list them.

they are in switzerland baby.. would not be of much use to you! but i'm pretty sure they exist elsewhere too!
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

not sliding over it, but what about when your rappeler falls, and that "smoothly machined piece of alloy" locks down on it? the ones ive seen ahd little metal teeth on the side where it grips the rope. so yeah, id rather a soft grip system over a grigri.

it seems pretty obvious to me you have no clue what you are talking about, how a grigri works, nor how to operate one..

yes, i wouldnt let you near a grigri to belay or secure me.

see picture; no teeth! :S

edited for typo
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

No teeth on the Gri-Gri mate - I think I know which device you are talking about (can't remember the name at the moment added: Petzl Tribloc - but fully agree, I would NOT want one anywhere near MY rope or one that I'm suspended from!!)

Gri-Gri (2) ....http://www.escape2.co.uk/LSWS2/index.php?product=D14+2

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

No teeth on the Gri-Gri mate - I think I know which device you are talking about (can't remember the name at the moment added: Petzl Tribloc - but fully agree, I would NOT want one anywhere near MY rope or one that I'm suspended from!!)

Gri-Gri (2) ....http://www.escape2.co.uk/LSWS2/index.php?product=D14+2

yeah thats it. got the 2 confused, my bad.. we mostly use the tandem prusik cords when we do get to play with rope (not often anymore)

grigri's are awesome - if you know how to handle one. pretty much like a small xbraced; pretty cool toy, but shouldnt be used if you dont know how.. ;)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda