grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

Whaddya got against the Red Wings?

I think, the Sharks will have a real hard time with the Canucks. I can see the Canucks walking all over The Sharks. Possibly sweeping the Sharks.

Chuck

I'm a Pens fan. That's why I despise the Wings.B|

But on the flip side of that I think Stevie Y was one of the best players in Wings history and admired him. And I also skated with Gordie Howe once.:P

I think, the Sharks will have a real hard time with the Canucks. I can see the Canucks walking all over The Sharks. Possibly sweeping the Sharks.

Chuck

I'm a Pens fan. That's why I despise the Wings.B|

But on the flip side of that I think Stevie Y was one of the best players in Wings history and admired him. And I also skated with Gordie Howe once.:P

...and I don't like the Penguins! :D I especially, don't like Crosby. I think, all the hype about him has gone straight to his head.

Chuck

Chuck

It could be a close series but I think the Sharks will win. The Canucks are too soft and I think the Sharks are willing to do what it takes this year. Thornton looked like a man on a mission in Game 7 and that isn't good news for the Canucks.

How about the Lightning tonight! Pretty surprising to have such a one-sided game.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

That's why I despise the Wings. And I also skated with Gordie Howe once.

Bet you didn't tell Gordie that. :D

Don
*Sentiment expires June 13, 2011.

No, but I did call him an old man, and he laughed, and then burned me with a sick move for a goal, flipped me the puck out of the net and said "look'n for this, KID!" Priceless.
Went to lunch with him too. Great stories about the old NHL days. If I can get my scanner to work I'll post a pic of us together on the ice. It was about 20 years ago.B|

Go BOLTS!

Chuck

It could be a close series but I think the Sharks will win. The Canucks are too soft and I think the Sharks are willing to do what it takes this year. Thornton looked like a man on a mission in Game 7 and that isn't good news for the Canucks.

How about the Lightning tonight! Pretty surprising to have such a one-sided game.

I think, the Sharks-Canucks series is going to be very physical. I don't believe, it will be anything like the Wings-Sharks series. I don't see this series going more than 5 games. I can see Vancouver winning the series. I'm by no means, a Canucks fan, either. The Way the League is today, it's anybody's guess who is going to win a game. Bettman brought parity to the NHL.

Stevie Y, has done pretty good for his first time as GM. The Lightning have sure been a big surprise.

Chuck

I hear crickets chirping....hey Sharkies, now what?

That was a poorly played game by the Sharks, with some bush league tactics. Not one Shark put a good hit on a Canuck all evening. The Sedin sisters had their way in the offensive zone. I hope the boys bought Niemi breakfast, it should have been 12-3.

Ya think Eager has a slash coming from Luongo?:P

Sharks were completely outplayed. I sure expected better from them. Maybe Chuck is right...lucky to go 5 games!

Marleau shouldn't drop the gloves. He got in one shot on Bieksa before Bieksa got his visor/helmet off and then just ate shots. It was pathetic.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

One thing is for sure, last years and this years playoffs have shown that there's no such thing as a sure thing...

That Bruins/Bolts game last night was pretty good. Chara was a machine. What did Lecavalier get? 5 shots on goal?

If Chara is on the ice each time that top line from Tampa is out there, they are going to have to rely on their second and third line a lot for scoring.

Chara wasn't great in the previous game. Seindenberg was probably worse. But Chara has this ability to evaluate what he's doing wrong and elevate his game.

I'm glad Julien is not listening to the idiot commentators. Putting Seguin out at every chance is fine when you have a 4 goal lead. He wasn't playing on the power play as much yesterday in a tight scoring game. If they keep getting the coaching and the play out of their top 2 offence and defensive lines, they might be hard to beat...

Chara is a very large, physical presence on the ice with the ability to be a one man wrecking crew. He's good, all around. He can really make a difference in the game.
During the regular season, I have 'Center Ice' but like everyone else, during the play-offs, I have to put-up with the same idiot announcers. During the Red Wings series, there was one VS announcer who I swear, purposly mis-pronounced certain Wings players names. He constantly called 'Kronwall' 'Corn ball' and so-on. Of course, we get the same announcers when NBC shows the games. I can't stand those guys.

Chuck

Seems like, during the play-offs, the NHL gets about the same attitude as NASCAR... 'Have at it boys!'. Calling mostly the more serious, offensive penalties.
I'll say one thing... Boston and Tampa Bay are making a series of it!
Vancouver has two of their more important players out, due to injuries. I just knew, that would be a very 'physical' game. I guess, 'physical' is the PC term for 'goonish'. :D

Chuck

Good game last night Boston-Tampa. Did you guys catch the save Thomas made on Downie at about 9 minutes in the third? He had to coma all the way across the goal, Downie had half a net and Thomas reached over with his stick and knocked the puck out of the air. Unbelievable!

Tonight we'll see if the Sharks can stay out of the box and get a road win to stay alive.
--
Murray