theonlyski

Happy wifi day!

speaking of WIFI...

Anyone out there got a wireless router they're no longer using (older speed)? One of our DZ.com/Bonfire regulars could really use one in her place, and she can't afford to buy a router. Even an older A or B series would be great.

Any love out there, please PM me.

the one thing i was trying to do while in hospital but do you think i could find any :D:D:D god the boredom:D:D

Huh?

Morphine good stuff or what? :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

All the older routers are unavoidably secure. Keep that in mind...

If such an older router must be used, treat it as if it was a public wifi hotspot - use secure https web addresses when accessing facebook and other websites.

Also, bear in mind that any drive-by wifi user can break old WiFi encryption algorithm (WEP and older varieties of WPA) and use the network for nefarious purposes.

All the older routers are unavoidably secure. Keep that in mind...

If such an older router must be used, treat it as if it was a public wifi hotspot - use secure https web addresses when accessing facebook and other websites.

Also, bear in mind that any drive-by wifi user can break old WiFi encryption algorithm (WEP and older varieties of WPA) and use the network for nefarious purposes.

Generally speaking, any security is better than no security, WPA2 is better than WEP, but once it leaves the cable modem to go down the line, it's no longer encrypted.

Your security is only as good as the weekest link.

FWIW, I'm going to send her my ol' trusty Linksys WRT54G with WPA2 set up and running.:)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

There's only 10 types of people who think that's funny.

01 - Geeks
10 - you

Theres no place like 127.0.0.1

Yes, because that's totally NOT an annoyatron under the common desk at work.