FlyBye

ZP pilot chute question

A quick search of the forums will reveal numerous and informative conversations on this topic, including a recent thread currently only a few posts down from this one.

That last thread had at least a few people saying ZP PCs made them a tad nervous on HnPs, and others saying they're best for base jumping. Not exactly resolution, hence I suspect this post.

Has there been discussion about creating FAQ entries for commonly repeated topics with a consensus statement that most people agree is comprehensive? Searching the archives for numerous unresolved threads doesn't give a lowtimer great confidence in any one answer.

I'd be willing to take on a few of them and write up initial drafts for review.

I looked at those threads and found some like zp and some like f-111, but nothing about this snatch factor that my rigger mentioned. He has proved to be very knoledgable, and I just wanted to see if anyone else could give any oppinions on this aspect. The other thing he didn't like is that the kill line is made of microline not kevlar and subject to shrinkage, anything on that?

I looked at those threads and found some like zp and some like f-111, but nothing about this snatch factor that my rigger mentioned.

A PC needs enough drag to pull the pin and lift the bag. Unless it's too big a ZP PC doesn't pull too hard.

The other thing he didn't like is that the kill line is made of microline not kevlar and subject to shrinkage, anything on that?

It will shrink, but is easy to lengthen or replace. Kevlar is OK, but not as resistant to wear. 6, 1/2 dozen. ZP lasts longer and is more consistant over it's life span.

Derek

I just bought a collapsable pilot chute, based on what I've seen on these forums I chose zp. I spoke to my rigger and he told me that he doesn't like how the zp snatches the pin/bag out of the container. Anyone agree disagree?

Disagree, as many others will also I'm sure. ZP works great and will last longer than a F-111 style PC...