cocheese

World Series fans texting all night

While watching the World Series I noticed the Texas fans in the front row behind the plate were texting during the whole game. Even during the pitch they were looking down. It was so distracting that I was watching them more than the players at bat. Same people, both nights, texting in the front row all night long.

The St. Louis fans (at home), on the other hand, are trying to distract the pitcher by spinning a shirt or rag during every pitch.

Discuss.:D

They're baseball fans from Texas, the state that has turned football into religion. What more would you expect?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

World series of what ?
Does it go any further than St-Louis or Texas ? Like Alabama and VErmont ?

That game must be very exciting if people keep texting during it [:/]

The people texting are likely just those that want to be at a high profile event just for the sake of being part of the "in crowd". It would be fun to have a cell phone jammer at such an event, just to get the compulsive cell phone users agitated.:ph34r:

Are you a fan of any sport, athletic activity, or performance art? Some will say being a sports fan is a sign of low intelligence, but they will enjoy watching an athletic event such as a figure skating, gymnastics, field and track, or a art performance such as a play or movie - which to me is very similar in that you're enjoying watching someone do something that you know is difficult to do very well. Allowing yourself to think that performers are really living out the drama they are doing for you is similar. Good performance art is like that - it suspends your normal sense of reality and it is enjoyable to let your emotions go with it. A lot of the world finds soccer to be exciting, but I think it is a couple orders of magnitude more boring than baseball. A lot/most people find watching skydiving events to quickly be very boring.

I think if you look for them, you'll find plenty of people texting while at any sport, baseball just has more time with the cameras in a close up, stationary position where you can notice it more than other sports. Much to the credit of all organized sports fans except soccer, vuvuzelas are not a part of showing enthusiasm for the sport.:D
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

It's these damn high definition TVs. If I wanted to watch a fan pick his nose, I would have went to the game.:|

The cameras sure get a lot of people smelling their fingers! :D

Baseball is a bit different than many sports in that it is an intense one-on-one competition and very much a group sport at the same time. Those that haven't played it, and don't know the intricacies of the strategy involved are not likely to find it interesting.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Baseball is a bit different than many sports in that it is an intense one-on-one competition and very much a group sport at the same time. Those that haven't played it, and don't know the intricacies of the strategy involved are not likely to find it interesting.

And some of us born in the US that have played it quite a bit can also find it unbelievably boring to sit and watch it verses being on the field contributing as an actual participant. Man, there is nothing more exciting to watch than a good pitchers duel (insert yawning emoticon). I will go with a group of friends because the game is just another type of a social event for friends to get together.

I can kinda sorta understand that you might like to follow your college team because you went to school there. But the folks that go around discussing "their team" or show up at the game fully decked out in jerseys and team color face paint just make me chuckle.

And just to not disappoint my fans,

go local sports team and/or college!

raah[:/]
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity