D22369

veterans deserve better

I am a lapsed member of the American Legion, friday night a friend and I went to the AL here in Yakima and I was absolutely horrified at the conditions there.
The carpet is torn virtually everywhere with small throw rugs placed on top of the tears.
the glasses and plates appear to be merely rinsed off and placed back in service.
The smell from the bathroom defies description - it was far worse than a trench latrine in july and the floor was sticky from human waste.

I used to love to spend time with the older vets, their stories were always entertaining, I was always the kid to them since some of them doubled my age.
Hell, I was going to renew my membership but there is no way I could stand it there now, the carpet I dont care so much about, with this economy they may not have the funds to replace, but the bathroom and dishes are unbelievable and beyond anything I could tolerate.

I sent an email to the AL main office informing them of the conditions but who knows if they will even check it out...

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

I am a lapsed member of the American Legion, friday night a friend and I went to the AL here in Yakima and I was absolutely horrified at the conditions there.
The carpet is torn virtually everywhere with small throw rugs placed on top of the tears.
the glasses and plates appear to be merely rinsed off and placed back in service.
The smell from the bathroom defies description - it was far worse than a trench latrine in july and the floor was sticky from human waste.

I used to love to spend time with the older vets, their stories were always entertaining, I was always the kid to them since some of them doubled my age.
Hell, I was going to renew my membership but there is no way I could stand it there now, the carpet I dont care so much about, with this economy they may not have the funds to replace, but the bathroom and dishes are unbelievable and beyond anything I could tolerate.

I sent an email to the AL main office informing them of the conditions but who knows if they will even check it out...

Roy

Who is supposed to be taking care of it???

Perhaps as always... organizing a do it yourself project with others

Hi A

I think thats the way the A.L. works. ( I never joined just not my thing)

I think The facilities are managed and funded at the local level. Want cheap drinks and food and can't afford to remodel or to have someone cleanup the bath rooms.

I think that's the local A.L. and their members fault.

OTOH the VA is our fault it's out tax $$$ and some of our vets are getting third class or no service. >:(

At least we can complain to our congress people about that. Norm Dix and Patty Murrey are supposed to work for me:).

K-RIP

One Jump Wonder

OTOH the VA is our fault it's out tax $$$ and some of our vets are getting third class or no service. >:(

I haven't been treated too badly by the VA. The worst part is getting an appointment, but other than that, they actually seem to make an effort to help me out. This is the James A Haley hospital in Tampa, no experience with others.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Who is supposed to be taking care of it???

Perhaps as always... organizing a do it yourself project with others

Exactly what I was thinking.
Since most of them double your age, Ron, did you expect them to tear the carpet out and fix the bathroom?

You served your country once, now serve your countrymen so you can enjoy their stories.
My photos

My Videos

I haven't been treated too badly by the VA. The worst part is getting an appointment, but other than that, they actually seem to make an effort to help me out. This is the James A Haley hospital in Tampa, no experience with others.

YMMV depending on what your problem is.[:/]

Some unseen condition like PTSD, TBI, can be very hard to diagnose and treat. Some medical conditions caused by poor environmental practices (burn pit) can be debateable and the advesrse effects can take a long time to manifest themselves.

It took the VA 20-30 years to figure out that Dioxen (2378,TCCD)in Agent Orange was responsible for a lot of diferent medical conditions, that G.I. s that served in the nam were suffering from.[:/]

K-RIP

YMMV depending on what your problem is.[:/]

Some unseen condition like PTSD, TBI, can be very hard to diagnose and treat. Some medical conditions caused by poor environmental practices (burn pit) can be debateable and the advesrse effects can take a long time to manifest themselves.

It took the VA 20-30 years to figure out that Dioxen (2378,TCCD)in Agent Orange was responsible for a lot of diferent medical conditions, that G.I. s that served in the nam were suffering from.[:/]

K-RIP

A couple guys I was stationed with in Wing HQ at Fairchild... had flown in Ranch Hand 123's. They were just a couple more of the thousands of guys who died in the Nam.. and did not even know it[:/]

Hi A

The REMF officers are at it again.

http://www.stripes.com/critics-fort-carson-policy-targeted-troubled-wounded-soldiers-1.160871

The letters at the end of the article are telling.

Thank you for your service:(

Christ.. you gotta be kidding me.
It never ceases to amaze me how those who serve are treated when they are no longer needed or wanted.

Krip.. a very sincere thanks for puttin it on the line for the people of the USA my friend.

Hi A

http://www.stripes.com/critics-fort-carson-policy-targeted-troubled-wounded-soldiers-1.160871

It never ceases to amaze me how those who serve are treated when they are no longer needed or wanted.

Krip.. a very sincere thanks for puttin it on the line for the people of the USA my friend.

Hi A

If the people in the USA want to look past the BS the stars and stripes is avail on line fir anyone.[:/]

The CO at Ft Carson is a power hungry dickhead, that has redefined the meaning of We support oour troops.

To bad the dumb ass CO thinks he's saving chump change and kicking the can down the road. Without considering the long term impact that his action will have on the enlisted swine and their families that he's screwing.

The way I read it the kid is looking at less than honorable discharge, No G.I.Bill, no VA The kid is branded for life as a loser instead of a G.I. that did his job.

For some CO's : Don't matter how many attaboys you get one O-shit and your doomed.

Hi A

Hi A

One of the sad parts is that Shah's dribble (Barbacue, Dateing women that want to have kids or are less than his ideal image) will get 100's of more views and comments than some things that are more important.

To bad so sad.

R.I.P.
One Jump Wonder

Going to the VA is a "experience"

Went there with a boken leg in 1970. Had to reprt to the X ray every 2 work at 8 am before we could see the DR.

The receptionist was locked in a cage and would take the medical files thru a slot until we got called in for the picture. Lots of grumbling in the waiting room>:(.

First time didn't get called in for the pic until 1-2 PM, got a free lunch ticket.[:/]

Next time same story except took a pass on the free lunch but I did notice that the patients were being called in by body part (not arrival time)

Next time showed up somewhere around 1pm (LEG TIME) miinimum wait tiem;)

Almost started a riot in the waiting room:| The other body parts had been waiting since 8 AM but they weren't going to readjust the machine for those parts until later in the day.[:/]

Back in the 70's you could tell the war groups by their age WWI, WW2, korea, nam.

Went back about 5 yr's ago to register for AO (CYA)] no WW1 or WW2 guys and gals in the halls maybe a few from Korea and more from nam and saw to many very young kids from the sand pile with IED damage:(:(

I'll never go back[:/]

K-RIP

Hi A

Hi A

If the people in the USA want to look past the BS the stars and stripes is avail on line fir anyone.[:/]

The CO at Ft Carson is a power hungry dickhead, that has redefined the meaning of We support oour troops.

To bad the dumb ass CO thinks he's saving chump change and kicking the can down the road. Without considering the long term impact that his action will have on the enlisted swine and their families that he's screwing.

The way I read it the kid is looking at less than honorable discharge, No G.I.Bill, no VA The kid is branded for life as a loser instead of a G.I. that did his job.

For some CO's : Don't matter how many attaboys you get one O-shit and your doomed.

IT seems they go thru the same crap after every war as it winds down... Enlisted people no longer needed or wanted.. hasta la bye bye... no matter how well people served they will try to find a way. The officer corps is always out to cover thier asses and their jobs. That kind oif crap was rampant... and it really screwed up promotions in the 70's when a whole lot of pilot rated types were no longer making rank fast enough... they took captains and majors and mande them E-4s to allow them to serve out thier 20 so they could retire as O-3 or 0-4. There was no similar program I can remember for older ROAD types thta were enlisted.

The golden flow is out there and those who partake will abrogate any good deeds if they show up with illegal substances in the cup. No wonder some pilots did not show up for their flight physicals in case last weeks nose candy at the O Club might show up in the cup and end a career.

Hi A

Hi A

IT seems they go thru the same crap after every war as it winds down... Enlisted people no longer needed or wanted.. hasta la bye bye... no matter how well people served they will try to find a way.

Hi A

The letters at the end of the article in Stars and stripes are pileing up.

WAG 80% are saying BS and 20% are saying get rid of the GI's that faol one pee test and out the door. Some peeps are saying the REMF's got it in for the G.I.'s that have the purple hearts, bronze stars and ribbons.

This crap was supposed to have stopped after the scandal at Walter reed. But the game continues the Big boys in the pentagon are talking the talk but letting the commanders and senior NCO's do whatever they want at the local level to the WW units.

I'll drop a dime to Norm 'Dicks My congress person. We read in the local paper that there's some strange stuff going on a FT lewis in their WWB.

"WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" should have added a postscript "as long as they can carry a rifle" or are missing a limb.[:/]

Shah's posts get 3k hits and hundreds of comments, :SAnd this serious stuff gets squat. DZ.com is what it is, chicken hawks, remf's, people that talk the talk, and whatever.

Don't mean nothing:|

K-RIP

One Jump Wonder