jrmrangers

Tri state Spartan race.. Anyone interested?

There's a Spartan race June 2 in tuxedo , New York and I've registered a team for it. Team Sky Junkies! Just wondering if anybody else out there would be interested ? We plan on camping out at the venue and the post race festivities should be good! This is my first Spartan race and I'm no gym rat so I don't plan on being über competative just looking to run and have fun!! If your interested let me know. Blue Skies!!
Wait , I pull what first?

There's a Spartan race June 2 in tuxedo , New York and I've registered a team for it. Team Sky Junkies! Just wondering if anybody else out there would be interested ? We plan on camping out at the venue and the post race festivities should be good! This is my first Spartan race and I'm no gym rat so I don't plan on being über competative just looking to run and have fun!! If your interested let me know. Blue Skies!!

Ask Nicki She likes these sort of things, she recently did a MUDDER. ;):):P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

http://www.payvand.com/news/07/mar/The-Persian-Empire.jpg
I would go but...well the last time Persia and Sparta got togther it kind of got.....kinky.
Oh yeah!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

whereabouts is Tuxedo NY????

I have a nephew who entered one of these races last fall... he did Great.... i think he finished 3rd in his race...
Dan Tavino..
all 4 of his Uncles... running it as a relay race.. could NOT have come close to Dans' accomplishment,,:|

ps ... as it was explained to me.... THIS is NO jog in the park...:o;)
better be Buff Brawny and Brave.. it's dirty and it's wet and it's TOUGH...\:o;)
good luck to jrmrangers team...

jmy

It's at the ski resort there from what I got from the website. If your nephew wants to run with a bunch of hungover out of shape skydivers have him drop me a line he can join my team and save himself a few bucks!

Did you say you wanna Sponser??? a proven finisher!!???/
and REALLY save him some coin???:oB|

hahahah just kiddin'...
so then i bet this challenge will have ya ALL running UP hill,, more than downhill....
my brother told me these races include sloshing though mud pits, and dragging around a concrete Block !! or two..[:/] or carrying a truck tire, for half a mile or so...:o:S;) all sorts of things...B|
Man those Spartan Warriors didn't f%#k around.....

anyway. i hear you about " at the ski resort".. only WHERE is That??? catskills??? somewhere else??
have fun..

jmy
a3914

OOPS sorry Jimmy! Yes its in the catskills and yes a lot of the race is uphill. The obstacles are all kinds of crazy stuff, and if you fail the obstacle you have to do push ups or situps or some other physical test. Im runing another one in august at Wyndhamm mountain and the first 1.7 miles of that one are UP a black diamond ski slope!!
Wait , I pull what first?