wildcard451

Trying to buy a house...

Best part of this one was there was no water on the property. The well was found to be lacking enough pressure so they were going to install a cistern for us. The electrical had a 200 amp panel 100% filled and then jumped out to a smaller panel also filled but only about 1/2 the breakers were labeled. We found splices in the romex that had almost extension cord type connectors to extend the length of the romex. The mold was in the attic where the roof was leaking for the last 3 years. It turns out the builder did not use any flashing where the brick work met the roof. We found water stains on 3 bed room ceilings. 3 Overhead light fixtures did not work and same for 5 outlets throughout the home despite changing bulbs.

At the very end we found out that the neighbor had built their house in the water path that ran though the back yard and used their filldirt from the basement to "level their yard" which forced all the water to backup in this properies yard and flood it at the slightest rain, County engineer said only solution they would approve was a regrading of the property to adjust the water flow. We only had to lower the back of the 2 acres by 2 feet and raise the front by 2 feet... :S

The whole process makes me sad that someone cared so little to build that way. I don't understand how it passed building inspection in the first place.

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

The whole process makes me sad that someone cared so little to build that way. I don't understand how it passed building inspection in the first place.

most folks woudl think that a county or city "building inspection" provided some assurance

just finished a renovation involving plumbing, electrical, etc., the rough-in inspection took 10 minutes - 8 minutes of BSing and 2 minutes of "oh this looks nice, you plan to use tile or carpet", final inspection was even less, then I get my nice peice of paper that says all was done correctly

its my house so I know it was done correctly but doubt that the inspection process is different at other structures, best check with local builders to find out about the quality of the inspection process
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

If you really, and I mean really, want to get headaches, have one built and go watch the progress on a daily basis.

Been there, done that.:S I was out of town for a couple of days and they framed the entire first floor wrong. >:(>:(

If you do that, please, for the sake of all your loved ones, hide the guns and all sharp objects

Valinda went shooting one day with one of the subcontractors who was a friend of ours. He later mentioned to the supervisor (who had been screwing our house up BIG time) what a good shot she was. I swear he was nervous around her from then on. . . .:D

...is Maddening. That is all.

I'm just starting that process myself ... I so DO NOT look forward to the certain impending frustration :S.

O

Hit snag #1 today - because of tighter lending requirements, I cannot get a conventional loan without having a paystub from the job I am going to be starting - in March. We're trying to close by middle of Feb. Annoying.

After the sub prime meltdown they are being super careful. Sorry it's such a pain but it's a great time to be a house buyer. I've got a couple I'd like to sell.

Like I told my loan agent - it is a pain in the ass, but I don't mind as a consumer that the banks are being way more careful with their lending requirements.

...is Maddening. That is all.

I'm just starting that process myself ... I so DO NOT look forward to the certain impending frustration :S.

O

Hit snag #1 today - because of tighter lending requirements, I cannot get a conventional loan without having a paystub from the job I am going to be starting - in March. We're trying to close by middle of Feb. Annoying.

Yeah, that is an underwriting requirement.

The most frustrating part of going through this is that they will change what they require. One house I bought, the bank had everything requested many weeks before closing. Called them every 2 days (directly to underwriting) and asked if that was everything. Each time they confirmed they had everything they needed and everything was on track for closing. Day before closing the underwriters came up w/ a list of additional documents they needed and said they couldn't approve it without them.

Special circle of hell, I tell you...
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Hi Ya'll,
BTDTGTTS!!! Both wayz, Buying and Selling!! Sold my In-Laws house last year, closed on it the day before Huricane Irene hit!!!! Fortunately they still have a house!! 'Still have me and Peggys' house on the block, hoping to get it sold "SOON!!" Anybody wanna' move to Sampson Cty, NC!! It's "QUIET!!" out here, Country livin'!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out