killler

Holy crap.....

I didn't see the part you found funny[:/], to each their own, however that saying goes.

I saw something similar happen in 2001 to an Air & Space 18A Gyro while I was taxing on my first solo.

It was one of my instructors and her student. The Gyro shook violently like the video, rolled and broke landing gear, then rolled on its other side slamming the rotor/blades into the ground. Ugly mess. It was ground resonance (uneven rotors) that made it shake up violently.

Lucky no one was hurt badly in the incident or the one in the video (from what I could see).

I didn't see the part you found funny[:/], to each their own, however that saying goes.

I saw something similar happen in 2001 to an Air & Space 18A Gyro while I was taxing on my first solo.

It was one of my instructors and her student. The Gyro shook violently like the video, rolled and broke landing gear, then rolled on its other side slamming the rotor/blades into the ground. Ugly mess. It was ground resonance (uneven rotors) that made it shake up violently.

Lucky no one was hurt badly in the incident or the one in the video (from what I could see).

It's ironic how the video heading asks, "Imagine if this had happened in the air." Taking off again would have solved the problem. Pilot fail!
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

Spoke to a friend who owns a fleet of LR's and has about 14000 hours flight-time.

He says there are two possible fixes:

1) Because it is an A-Star, the pilot could have tried to immediately get off the throttle with the rotor brake system "possibly" saving the day. He figures that is about a 50/50 shot at best.

2) In any helo, the fix is to load the rotor immediately to synchronize the blades. If caught soon enough, the helo may not have to actually lift off. He also said that the window of opportunity for the pilot is about 4 seconds.