rigpacker

inside cover of parachutist Jan 05

is it just me or does that nice looking purple rig not really fit her?

Why don't you ask her yourself. It's our very own flyangel2 here on dropzone.com.

That's really nice in air picyure from another of us here, Deuce. You'd be surprised at how much a rig will rise up on you under canopy when's it set up for RW with a loose chest strap and loose leg straps. I know that rig fits her perfectly, I measured her for it myself
;);)

It fits her fine. She's been in the sport just a couple of years and it's the best fitting rig she's purchased (according to her).

She's on a commercial flight right now, but I'm sure she'll get back on this one herself.

Here's another example of another container manufacturer that is nowhere near as cool :ph34r:. The main lift web is going to be off the shoulders under canopy unless the harness is WAY too small.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Yep. I got some other really cool pics of Ari under canopy for the JFTC calendar that are similar, but substitute pretty female skydiver for Dave :ph34r:.

Subsititute anything for Dave.

You'll note all the good looking women in the photos are wearing Wings. Surely some correlation.

It fits her fine. She's been in the sport just a couple of years and it's the best fitting rig she's purchased (according to her).

She's on a commercial flight right now, but I'm sure she'll get back on this one herself.

Here's another example of another container manufacturer that is nowhere near as cool :ph34r:. The main lift web is going to be off the shoulders under canopy unless the harness is WAY too small.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I agree that the MLW is going to rise off the shoulders some under canopy. On the flip side though when I was just fitted for my custom gear I was told that it shouldn't rise up more than an inch or two. When I saw this picture I just figured it was set up that way intentional to get the "cool" shot.

It really depends on what it does to the placement of your handles under canopy, which unfortunately is really difficult to see in this particular picture. If she can still reach handles if the canopy were to be in a violent malfunction that may distort the harness then it's not an issue.

While some people are very conservative on here about canopy downsizing, well rigpacker and I (he's my husband by the way) have started paying closer attention to proper fitting harnesses ever since I had an issue with cutting away because I couldn't reach the handle on a too large harness. It's nothing personal about flayangel2 or deuce, just a question for our own education.

Christina

All I see is a chest strap loosened all the way to allow the risers to spread farther apart, there by flattening out the canopy as much as possible. = GOOD THING.
Add to that "everyone" sinks a wee bit into their harness when they are under canopy.

I'd say from that one pic, the container fits her great.

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.