LuckyMcSwervy

Can Someone Help With This Location?

Can anyone look at the background in this picture and tell me if this is Oshkosh?

I have a bunch of old pics where I think it's Oshkosh at the airshow in July but I'm not positive if it is another airshow my Dad and Uncle Jimmy were attending.

Thanks for your help!!

PS - That's my Dad (the flour bomb dropper) on the left and my Uncle Jimmy (founder of Cousin's Submarines for you Wisconsin people) on the right. Miss them both terribly!!!! :(

Edited again to add a second picture of the area. Hope it can help someone identify?
Always be kinder than you feel.

There's not really enough info to say for sure, but it certainly could be.
I don't recognize that particular hangar, but I won't claim to know each and every building there.
The trees look "right" for the area. The shadows are about right, and there's lots and lots of planes behind.

And FWIW, it's Oshkosh. One word.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

There's not really enough info to say for sure, but it certainly could be.
I don't recognize that particular hangar, but I won't claim to know each and every building there.
The trees look "right" for the area. The shadows are about right, and there's lots and lots of planes behind.

And FWIW, it's Oshkosh. One word.

Thanks!! I appreciate it!! Didn't realize it was one word. Sorry!! :)

is the chrome Ercoupe ???
the one you mentioned that YOU flew????

:)

That one isn't his. His was almost exactly like the one in the background except my Dad's had red stripes on the side. He was looking to buy another one at this airshow because he loved them so much. B|

Can anyone look at the background in this picture and tell me if this is Oshkosh?

I have a bunch of old pics where I think it's Oshkosh at the airshow in July but I'm not positive if it is another airshow my Dad and Uncle Jimmy were attending.

Thanks for your help!!

PS - That's my Dad (the flour bomb dropper) on the left and my Uncle Jimmy (founder of Cousin's Submarines for you Wisconsin people) on the right. Miss them both terribly!!!! :(

Edited again to add a second picture of the area. Hope it can help someone identify?

Building sure looks like the showerhouse/bathroom in the North 40 camping area at OSH, taken from the SW side.

4.bp.blogspot.com/_qNZDFsYWS50/SvxwLn3jojI/AAAAAAAAAK4/TZQVN9F48tU/s400/North+Forty_PH+(16)+web.jpg Here is a picture taken from the east.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Thanks for your help!!

Building sure looks like the showerhouse/bathroom in the North 40 camping area at OSH, taken from the SW side.

4.bp.blogspot.com/_qNZDFsYWS50/SvxwLn3jojI/AAAAAAAAAK4/TZQVN9F48tU/s400/North+Forty_PH+(16)+web.jpg Here is a picture taken from the east.

It sure does!! Thank you so much!! I really appreciate the help!! :)

Thanks for your help!!

It sure does!! Thank you so much!! I really appreciate the help!! :)

Twardo will know for sure, ask him:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I don't think it is Oshkosh Lucky~

The red building in the North 40 is a 'camping' restroom/shower facility that's lower and a different type of construction...that looks more like an actual hangar.

That and there is no angle that would give that view, you would be seeing either the highway ramp with no trees or the airport itself off in the distance - again no trees.

~Any idea WHEN the pics were taken?

There use to be a similar 'red barn' hangar by the South 40 but I don't ever remember aircraft being that close to it, and those power-lines in the background... Nothing like that I recall and I've gone that last 29 years.

Also, in the first pic, the sky is blue & clear, the grass is turning, and your Dad has a long sleeve shirt on...no way is it Oshkosh in late July-early August, he would be a melted puddle 'o goo dressed like that! ;)

2nd pic, no way is that Oshkosh period...the busted up tarmac, the pine trees that close to AC ops.

I've driven, walked, crawled and parachuted over every square inch of that airport, 10 days a year for 29 years and don't recall having ever seen anything looking like the background in that pic.

Any other pics?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I don't think so Doc, if it was taken @ the North 40 from the SW side you would see the slope of the roof-line, the roof in Lucky's pic is straight and a lot higher...and those AC would be between the showers and the East-West access road, never see that.

I don't think so Doc, if it was taken @ the North 40 from the SW side you would see the slope of the roof-line, the roof in Lucky's pic is straight and a lot higher...and those AC would be between the showers and the East-West access road, never see that.

btw, agree with you, this is definitely not the "old" shower house in the N40. Roof line is much too high.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Hey Twardo, Do you think that maybe one of the private Hangars could have been painted this color and maybe this is what we are looking at?
I agree that the trees seem to be right, but there are, and have been a lot of airshows in Wisc and Mn.

Yeah I thought about that too...you mean the hangars east of Kermit's hangar right?

I don't think a view from up there would be like the pic either, one side would be residential the other the taxiway...and since the 'coupes in Lucky's pic looked parked as if on display, I doubt that would happen near the private hangars at Osh.

A lot has changed over the years, especially between Theater in the Woods and 'old' airshow center...but I don't remember any hangars like that on the show grounds.

First impression is somewhere in the mid-west to east coast, late summer-early fall. The bad state of the blacktop in the 2nd pic suggests a place that sees hot summers and winters with snow & ice.