godfrog

will never fly delta/scare westr again!

called customer service and unleashed pissed-off-middle-aged-guy on them and got her a refund and a flight voucher. :P

its amazing how often pissed-off-middle-aged-guy works... I always start with the nice approach (lately meaning my young cute pleasant to be around room mate deals with the landlord/management company) but when that doesn't get the desired response I show up... amazingly the next issue gets resolved when cute-young-pleasant-to-deal-with asks the first time...

you'd think people would recognize "good cop/bad cop" by now... but its still damn effective.

you'd think people would recognize "good cop/bad cop" by now... but its still damn effective.

:D:D Too true.

Plus they assume I've got the credit rating/purchasing power to make them money down the road. Unfair, but sweet young kids just don't get the same service as a guy with the platinum card, :S

I do expect problems, it is how they treat you at customer service that sucks.
Coming out of Alaska I got snowed into camp, couldn't make my flight, got my tickets rebooked, the original flight horizon canceled the flight out of Seatle because of weather and still sent me $250 voucher for the flight, told them I had rebooked for the next day and they said it was mine any way, thats customer service.

Leaving Grand Forks ND last year for San Jose, Delta ask if I would mine missing my flight (overbooked) and taking a cab to Fargo, on them (70 miles away) and then catching a flight that would end up in San Jose 20 minutes sooner than my scheduled flight, for a $400 voucher. I was happy.

I got burned by not taking the voucher once. Coming out of San Juan with a connection to make in Miami. I was asked to take a later flight and they would give me a voucher as well and I declined because I did not want to miss my connection. We pushed back and then returned to the gate due to a faulty door that needed repair. Ended up sitting at the gate for 2 hours waiting for maintenance to show up. I watched the other flight push back and depart. I could have been on it with a voucher. Missed my Miami connect anyway:P