jtval

omniskore 2012

I just got back from nationals and I gotta just put this out there. Omniskore was sweet.

It's setup like a video jukebox for spectators and competitors to view any scored round.

I couldn't imagine the work that went into this but, It dawned on me, as we were playing with the website. That's a sweet system.

Anyone impressed with it?
My photos

My Videos

I was impressed with the system as deployed at the DZ.

The website, not so much. Some videos are wrong (incorrect video for some of the 4way jumps as uploaded); Also, just plain wrong video (timer starts even before 1 exits and counts points while still in the door!).

Also, some of the 4way jumps are still not uploaded. Never mind the rest since then.

So great improvement, but some missteps.
Remster

One of the videos wasn't loading correctly. I asked the fb page (Ted Wagner) if he could fix it. He did so, very quickly.
He also said, that so much video was uploaded he couldn't verify each one. If you see issues, send him a message. He may not be aware if them.

I as impressed with the speed in which the video link was fixed.
My photos

My Videos

Remster,

You are right of course about the web site. We were caught off guard by a few things in the first few days and were without the personnel to do web page updates. This will not happen in the future, since that piece of the puzzle will be more automated.

Also understand that OmniSkore!HD is first and foremost a judging tool. This project started less than a year ago, and it was a tall order to have just that part of it ready for a US Nationals. We were fortunate to get the web presence we did. I don't for a second under-estimate the importance of the web side of things, so definitely look for things to improve next time.

Thanks for watching!

ted/t1
ted/t1
chieF engineeR
OmniSkore!HD

Also, the MP4 file uploads were just completed tonight. The process of creating these files is somewhat time consuming and I was only able complete it after visiting the drop zone today after being gone since Tuesday.

If you do not see the jump(s) you're looking for, or if there are any problem(s) with them, please let me know and I'll look into it. There are 1371 of them according to my count so it's impossible to check them all :)
ted/t1
chieF engineeR
OmniSkore!HD

Pretty impressive - I loved the "jukebox" at Nationals, and having a way for friends & family to follow along at home rocked.

Nice to finally meet you in person, JT!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Pretty impressive - I loved the "jukebox" at Nationals, and having a way for friends & family to follow along at home rocked.

Nice to finally meet you in person, JT!

I was pretty sure you who a figment of Sean's imagination.
My photos

My Videos