Squeak

Climbing shoes and Mobile Tablets

2 things you dont expect to see in the same sentance, BUT

I'm 4 weeks away from being in the USofA, and I am planning on buy some of both:)'Cause you Yanks have shit cheaper than we do.

Firstly
So, Im thinking of a pair of 5.10, Anasazi VSC as my next pair of climbing shoes. Im currently using entry level Evolv, "Defy" shoes and they are pretty much at their limit for me. So as an intermediate pair Im looking at the Anasazi VCS.
Any of you climbers have any reason why they would not be a good Inter pair for me?

Secondly
Im also in the market for a 10" and an 8 or 7" tablet.
I was looking at either the Nexus series or perhaps the Samsung Galaxy Note series.
What are the opinions of the mobile tech heads here?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Can't help with the tablet question (I have an ipad but have not used any others) but can comment on the shoes.
They are awesome for indoor and short sports routes and are not so much an intermediate shoe if you have them fitting nice and tight. If you are mutlipitching long trad routes then maybe not. They are very soft on the sole and offer no support which is fine (and what you want) for hard short climbs but if you are doing long trad routes then you may want a slightly firmer sole for support unless you are happy to slip them off when swapping leads. I once dropped one shoe on the 3rd pitch of a climb in Blue Mountains trying to take them off for a breather while belaying. :o Climbing partner was NOT impressed. If your just clipping bolts, go for it. ;)
My 0.02c

Remember you don't stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing.

Can't help with the tablet question (I have an ipad but have not used any others) but can comment on the shoes.
They are awesome for indoor and short sports routes and are not so much an intermediate shoe if you have them fitting nice and tight. If you are mutlipitching long trad routes then maybe not. They are very soft on the sole and offer no support which is fine (and what you want) for hard short climbs but if you are doing long trad routes then you may want a slightly firmer sole for support unless you are happy to slip them off when swapping leads. I once dropped one shoe on the 3rd pitch of a climb in Blue Mountains trying to take them off for a breather while belaying. :o Climbing partner was NOT impressed. If your just clipping bolts, go for it. ;)
My 0.02c

Thanks Jonno, I'm only a beginner climber and mostly indoor at present, Just started climbing 18s. so footings and grips are getting smaller and technique (which i sadly lack) is becoming more of a requirement.
My stomp and muscle style on lower levels does not work so well anymore:D:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Climbing Shoes are so personal, so I'll skip that one.

As for tablets, well I've had a Motorola Xoom for ages now, in that amount of time my husband has gone through 3 ipad. I have been looking to replace the xoom cause well I've had it for ages, but I've yet to find anything out there that is outstanding.

My current front runner though is the Asus Transformer series. Has a high screen resolution, lots of power, and an optional keyboard that I think should be standard but that is just me. From the reviews though it seems the battery life may not be as good as some other tablets, but as long as I can get about 6 hours out of it I'm happy.
Fly it like you stole it!

Im partial to the La Sportiva Miura shoes they grip like you wouldnt believe. great for single pitch sport stuff. I take em off during long multi pitch trad stuff though to give the feet a break.
my last pair were La sportiva Mythos"before the above mentioned". and they will be my next pair also, they have almost the same grip but are so much more comfortable.. just my .02

The Nexus line is getting the highest marks so far. Great screen, quad-core chip and a nice form factor.
In every man's life he will be allotted one good woman and one good dog. That's all you get, so appreciate them while the time you have with them lasts.

- RiggerLee

2 things you dont expect to see in the same sentance, BUT

I'm 4 weeks away from being in the USofA, and I am planning on buy some of both:)'Cause you Yanks have shit cheaper than we do.

Firstly
So, Im thinking of a pair of 5.10, Anasazi VSC as my next pair of climbing shoes. Im currently using entry level Evolv, "Defy" shoes and they are pretty much at their limit for me. So as an intermediate pair Im looking at the Anasazi VCS.
Any of you climbers have any reason why they would not be a good Inter pair for me?

Secondly
Im also in the market for a 10" and an 8 or 7" tablet.
I was looking at either the Nexus series or perhaps the Samsung Galaxy Note series.
What are the opinions of the mobile tech heads here?

Don't know shit about shoes, but tablets...I have 7. iPad (both sizes/models), and several Androids.
At this stage, the kind of android tab really comes down to price. I have really loved my Galaxy 2 10.2 (except the size). Bought a Q88 7" a week ago, and very surprised at how much I like it. It was 69.00. I have a Freelander arriving next week; a colleague is really diggin what it does for 89.00.

Spendy tabs on the android platform just aren't really necessary for basic use such as streaming movies, reading kindle books, doing email, and general access.

Don't know shit about shoes, but tablets...I have 7. iPad (both sizes/models), and several Androids.
At this stage, the kind of android tab really comes down to price. I have really loved my Galaxy 2 10.2 (except the size). Bought a Q88 7" a week ago, and very surprised at how much I like it. It was 69.00. I have a Freelander arriving next week; a colleague is really diggin what it does for 89.00.

Spendy tabs on the android platform just aren't really necessary for basic use such as streaming movies, reading kindle books, doing email, and general access.

the Tab will be used a bit differently, the smaller one for Mrs Squeak is for use as a reader and general email and web surfer.
The lager (due to shitty eye sight) will be used for banking, accommodation and travel research and booking, reader email and blogging.
My main concern is durability, they will be carried in Day pack for almost a year. In 2009 my netbook lasted about 6 months before it died.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My ipad has lasted over a year in a backpack.

Id recommend a good solid cover for whatever ya get :)

that's the plan mate:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

For the Shoes I've owned the Defy's which were ok shoes I'm currently using Miura VS's and I absolutely love them however they are more aggressive and since you are still kind of new you might not want something that aggressive. So I would suggest either The Evolv Kaos II or the K-lace I owned both pair and they were both great. I will add for all day comfort K-lace was better.

Good Luck