Zep

Who on earth thinks these thigs up

Another nail in Europe's gastronomic delights
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10064787/EU-to-ban-olive-oil-jugs-from-restaurants.html
What next tamper proof salt pots in case some Idiotic European bureaucrat gets Kosher salt instead of Malden

I can think of at least three families close to where I live that their mainstay is producing several high quality Olive oil's
for the restaurant's now as from next year what do they do. Sell their oil to a multinational for a pittance
so the multinational can adulterate it with inferior oil and raise the price.

Stupidity at it's best.

Gone fishing

I read about this on reuters (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/18/us-eu-oliveoil-idUSBRE94H09820130518)... Thought it was utterly ridiculous as well... Oil served in a bottle versus a in a glass container... NO difference WHATSOEVER in hygiene... Plus if the restaurant cares about the quality of their customers' experience, the best oil often comes from small independent producers, who do not bottle up the stuff in mass-produced packaging.

They are completely out of touch with what matters and what their priorities should be - it's frightening to think a whole team of people came up with this retarded idea. WASTE of time, energy, effort, with results DIRECTLY opposite to its intention.

Bunch of fucking morons. They should hide in a cave and never come out.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

babz

It's crap like this that makes people want out of the EU. I suspect in a vast number of places the regulation will be ignored / unheard of.

I wouldn't go so far as to say these people should be sacked - after all, we are all entitled to make mistakes... But they should be embarrassed by it and not go forward with the regulation. They should re-focus on things that actually *matter*.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I'm thinking that one way round this Blasphemy is to make a Vinaigrette
99.9% olive oil and 0.1% vinegar of your choice, I'd use raspberry balsamic
but that's just me.
Warm home made bread dipped in a bowl of locally produced olive oil mixed with a little garlic and fresh
parsley, Banning that is just madness.

Gone fishing

Zep

but that's just me.
Warm home made bread dipped in a bowl of locally produced olive oil mixed with a little garlic and fresh

+1
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nataly

I wouldn't go so far as to say these people should be sacked - after all, we are all entitled to make mistakes... But they should be embarrassed by it and not go forward with the regulation. They should re-focus on things that actually *matter*.

like the camber of the banana or the diameter of the eggs ? Europe at it's finest [:/]
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Zep

but that's just me.

Homoeopathic Vinaigrette;
I like it!B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.