masterrig

Twinkies are BACK!!

Huh. Guess I'll go back to not eating Twinkies. I don't even remember the last time I had one. I had them occasionally when I was a child.

When I visited Boulder in the mid 90's, I had some hot tea at a Chinese restaurant. The tea had a orange flavor to it that seemed oddly familiar, even though I'd never had an orange flavored tea before. I kept sipping it it all through dinner, trying to place the flavor, which was hiding in the back of my mind like an itch I couldn't scratch. Then it dawned on me; it tasted exactly like an orange otter pop. This got me thinking that you never really experience something thinking it's the last time. I never had an orange otter pop thinking this was the last orange otter pop I'd ever have. And yet for probably at least 15 years, I had never tasted that flavor until that night. Life is funny that way I guess.

So I never ate a Twinkie, thinking "This will be the last Twinkie I will ever eat." My last Twinkie was not a memorable one. Perhaps that's why I'll never eat another. I guess this is some heavy food philosophy to lay on this thread. Sorry about that.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

FlyingRhenquest

Huh. Guess I'll go back to not eating Twinkies. I don't even remember the last time I had one. I had them occasionally when I was a child.

When I visited Boulder in the mid 90's, I had some hot tea at a Chinese restaurant. The tea had a orange flavor to it that seemed oddly familiar, even though I'd never had an orange flavored tea before. I kept sipping it it all through dinner, trying to place the flavor, which was hiding in the back of my mind like an itch I couldn't scratch. Then it dawned on me; it tasted exactly like an orange otter pop. This got me thinking that you never really experience something thinking it's the last time. I never had an orange otter pop thinking this was the last orange otter pop I'd ever have. And yet for probably at least 15 years, I had never tasted that flavor until that night. Life is funny that way I guess.

So I never ate a Twinkie, thinking "This will be the last Twinkie I will ever eat." My last Twinkie was not a memorable one. Perhaps that's why I'll never eat another. I guess this is some heavy food philosophy to lay on this thread. Sorry about that.

Huh? [:/]

Chuck