CazmoDee

??????????

Just now watching an H2 history channel show about Air Force One (2008). There are TWO Air Force Ones! One shadows the other, outfitted exactly as the other, just in case. REALLY! I never heard about that before.....
I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313

CazmoDee

Just now watching an H2 history channel show about Air Force One (2008). There are TWO Air Force Ones! One shadows the other, outfitted exactly as the other, just in case. REALLY! I never heard about that before.....

I think you mean there are two VC-25As that can act as AF1… there's only one Air Force 1, and that's when dipfuck mcgee, I mean POTUS, is on board. :D
cavete terrae.

grue

***Just now watching an H2 history channel show about Air Force One (2008). There are TWO Air Force Ones! One shadows the other, outfitted exactly as the other, just in case. REALLY! I never heard about that before.....

I think you mean there are two VC-25As that can act as AF1… there's only one Air Force 1, and that's when dipfuck mcgee, I mean POTUS, is on board. :D

+1

Any AF bird carrying the POTUS is AF1, same thing for the Marine Helo transports (Marine 1).

I don't know if he is trusting enough to fly Navy 1 or Army 1 though. :D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

Any AF bird carrying the POTUS is AF1, same thing for the Marine Helo transports (Marine 1).

True.
Wouldn't it be cool if POTUS made a tandem jump?;)
(Or alternatively, a paraglider flight).
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

CazmoDee

Makes sense... decoys are good defensive strategies.
Why drive myself crazy trying to be normal, when I am already at crazy?

ryoder

True.
Wouldn't it be cool if POTUS made a tandem jump?;)
(Or alternatively, a paraglider flight).

When he was closing down our airspace every other week during the campaign, I thought the least he could do is bring that jet over here (It was like 20 miles over there) and let us jump out of it! Damn swing states...

Heh heh.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

I worked AF1 (used to be A1, but I guess some National Headquarters wienie thought that was steak sauce) a number of times but I don't recall the other plane being in the group. I do remember working the C-5 that carried the limos and, these days, the F-15's for fighter cap and their KC-135 tanker and putting all other traffic in holding patterns until the prez is down and safe. It's quite the airshow.

I'll have to check out that show and see what they said. Maybe they do that for certain destinations, but not Seattle or Portland.

I worked AF1, a B757, into Redmond, OR when W was the Prez. They use the smaller plane going into smaller fields. I understand it still has the fancy paint scheme.

Sure costs a lot of $$$$$ to fly these guys around. I think we should just make them stay in DC. :D

JohnMitchell

Sure costs a lot of $$$$$ to fly these guys around. I think we should just make them stay in DC. :D

ABSOLUTELY!
I was at Purdue when Reagan came to visit.
The military cargo planes started bringing in all the special vehicles a week prior to the visit, and countless personell were scouring campus, perching on rooftops, etc, for the entire week. All this for a one hour visit where he glanced at a lab and gave a brief speech. What a stupid-ass waste of our tax dollars!>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

JohnMitchell

I worked AF1 (used to be A1, but I guess some National Headquarters wienie thought that was steak sauce) a number of times but I don't recall the other plane being in the group. I do remember working the C-5 that carried the limos and, these days, the F-15's for fighter cap and their KC-135 tanker and putting all other traffic in holding patterns until the prez is down and safe. It's quite the airshow.

I'll have to check out that show and see what they said. Maybe they do that for certain destinations, but not Seattle or Portland.

I worked AF1, a B757, into Redmond, OR when W was the Prez. They use the smaller plane going into smaller fields. I understand it still has the fancy paint scheme.

I believe they typically have the plane nearby, at a different airport. If there's a problem with the active bird, the other one is there to take it's place.

There was a documentary on tv I believe that explained Bush's trip to Baghdad for Thanksgiving 2003 and the logistics of making it happen with both birds... Even so far as saying that they were a Citation or Gulfstream or something. :D:D

ETA: I think THIS is it. The Baghdad trip portion starts about 30 mins in.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

ryoder

ABSOLUTELY!
I was at Purdue when Reagan came to visit.
The military cargo planes started bringing in all the special vehicles a week prior to the visit, and countless personell were scouring campus, perching on rooftops, etc, for the entire week. All this for a one hour visit where he glanced at a lab and gave a brief speech. What a stupid-ass waste of our tax dollars!>:(

Wow!:S Yep, it's crazy.

We had our DZ shut down on a beautiful blue sky day because we were 2 miles inside the 30 nautical mile radius No Fly Zone for the president. Seriously, a little Twin Otter, 28 miles away, take 10 minutes to get even CLOSE the the POTUS, easy to shoot down, is a security threat?

If I was prez, I'd call BS on all that. Hell, I'd make 'em let me fly my own F-15 everywhere I went. ;)B|

JohnMitchell

Thanks for the link. :)

Figure it'll give you something to do for a little while... I know you must be busy!:P

JohnMitchell

Yep, I can imagine having a small spare, like a G-5, standing by. And for really far out 3rd world places, yeah, pack a spare set of everything, including planes.

How about having POTUS and gang fly commercial? TSA makes the planes safe for all of us, so why not the Prez? He can find out how much fun it is trying to get gear through all the security checkpoints and be shocked when it all arrives at you destination!

Yeah, I know. He is waaayyyy to important and busy to mess around flying with us commoners....

PS. Where's the sarcasm icon?
Jump more, post less!