porpoishead

recurring dreams

I use to have dreams that I was flyin all the time, in order to fly though I would have to get a running start, then make my arms like in a swimming motion and there I was flying, or pretty much swimming through the air. if I quit swimming I would come crashing down. cool shit, love them dreams.......but

now that I skydive had the recurring flying dream twice, no more running start, no more swimming. from just standing in place swept my arms back like in a tracking position, and I was flying. first time I took off and just kept going into the sky, never to return(sucked). second time I was flyin and landing all over the place, was acting quite a fool.....

weird stuff anyway, how do you fly in your dreams???
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

My flying usually doesn't get very far from the ground.

I get a running start, and then begin skimming the ground. Not actually touching it, but only a few feet above it.

Sometimes though, I am able fly at will. Not motions necessary, I can simply move as I which where I wish. Although this flight isn't very fast, it was really cool. Not only could I fly in that particular dream, but I could also travel through walls. I look forward to when I have those dreams ;)
What goes up, must come DOWN!!!

yeah huh!! my boy bill told me he had one wher he had a wicked line over and went in, only to get up and dust himself off, said he woke up trippin

ive had a line over dream, felt really wierd when i woke up
Falling from the top floor
your lungs fill like parachutes

Love flying dreams. Used to have a few of them every week as a kid. They are still my favorite dreams.

I never fly really high in my dreams. Usually never higher than 50 feet up. But I fly all over the place, and sometimes I'll be in the house and will fly downstairs to get something to eat, and fly all around the house.

I've had dreams where I'm flying around inside of malls and other types of stores, too. Pretty cool, because I'm always the only one that can fly, and I remember in one dream flying over the balcony of the 3rd floor at a mall and having people scared shitless B|

Yeah, I know - I have weird dreams.

I've had dreams where I'm flying around inside of malls and other types of stores, too. Pretty cool, because I'm always the only one that can fly, and I remember in one dream flying over the balcony of the 3rd floor at a mall and having people scared shitless

dude no shit I had that one before, was the esplanade mall in kenner brah, La.B|
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

I used to get so frustrated trying to "flap" to get higher until I realized that it is all mental. Now I just think it and I go up and gain speed. Yeah, lucid dreams rock. I just don't recommend trying flying as a test to see if you're lucid. (It'll suck if the answer is "No, stupid, this ain't a dream!") I usually use the test of trying to pass my hand through a wall before I dive out any windows. If you're into lucid dreaming, read "The Art of Dreaming" by Castaneda. That'll keep you busy for a few months. Write back if you get past ch. 5 and are able to pull organic beings into your dreams -- that's where I got stuck.
Hey, how do you know you're not dreaming right now?

I used to dream, when I was around 10, that I was ridding a missile in a big white room, I had to steer the damn thing so it doesn't crash on the walls and blows me up. I never crashed though:(
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

ive woken up in my dream if that makes sense? totally awake inside my dream...that was fucking odd and very cool.

id say i daydream about flying so much in the day that by the time i go to bed im too tired to dream about flying in my sleep.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."

For all you lucid dreamers (or those who "wake up" in a dream), try this one. So you realize you're dreaming, that the world around you is not real and that you're actually lying in bed asleep. Ask yourself a few questions (like how old am I, what is the date, what do I do for a living) and repeat the answers in your head a few times so that you'll remember them when you wake up. I've done this multiple times and am always shocked as hell at the answers that I come up with. Even though I'm "awake" in the dream, I still seem to be plugged into a set of memories that are purely fictional. It blows me away that even though we can be fully lucid in a dream, we are not always able to access our real memories from waking life.

I keep dreaming that the world will end on February 9th of this coming year.

Hellfire and brimstone, plague and tempest, it's horrible and scary. The earth opens up and swallows entire cities; horrendous tornadoes prowl the earth and devour buildings; the oceans rise up and claim all life on the shores; fire rains from the sky. People turn on each other, bloodshed and carnage.

I have had that dream for 15 nights in a row now.

Oh well, have a nice day! :)
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

For all you lucid dreamers (or those who "wake up" in a dream), try this one. So you realize you're dreaming, that the world around you is not real and that you're actually lying in bed asleep. Ask yourself a few questions (like how old am I, what is the date, what do I do for a living) and repeat the answers in your head a few times so that you'll remember them when you wake up. I've done this multiple times and am always shocked as hell at the answers that I come up with. Even though I'm "awake" in the dream, I still seem to be plugged into a set of memories that are purely fictional. It blows me away that even though we can be fully lucid in a dream, we are not always able to access our real memories from waking life.

I will need to try this!

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Hasn't your mother told you to cut back on the crack before bedtime?

I keep dreaming that the world will end on February 9th of this coming year.

Hellfire and brimstone, plague and tempest, it's horrible and scary. The earth opens up and swallows entire cities; horrendous tornadoes prowl the earth and devour buildings; the oceans rise up and claim all life on the shores; fire rains from the sky. People turn on each other, bloodshed and carnage.

I have had that dream for 15 nights in a row now.

Oh well, have a nice day! :)

I've been in this sport since '98 and have yet to have a flying dream...never have had one.

The closest I've ever gotten is a recurring dream I used to have a few years back of being in an elevator that starts to ascend normally, but then turns sideways, and then end over end - kinda like something out of Willy Wonka - a Wonka'vator. No tragic ending, just left with the sense that I had to find a way out of it:S

Someone I knew ,who was into analyzing dreams, said it sounded like it had something to do with me feeling like I didn't have control over my life. Things weren't going the way I would've like at the time, so that made sense. Haven't had it again after that period of my life was over:)
"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

the only "recurring" dream I had was when I was in the 3rd grade flying around the house on my bed. I always felt good the day after those dreams, the line over dream wasn't a good feeling though.....haven't had a mal. yet but I know I won't be keeping that line over canopy!!! only as long as it takes to get the reserve over my head!! That day is not one I look foward to in this great sport!![:/]

ok.... nothing gets weirder than this.... keep in mind i haven't made a skydive in like three months because i have been deployed to iraq... So last night i was asleep right.... and the only dream i had was only a second long..... i was under canopy and in the middle of a high speed toggle turn... it felt nothing short of real... the wind in my face... the red tint from my googles... the pressure of my leg straps.... everything real.... and then i wake up and realize that i have slept for like 16 hours......

Wait until you start "bouncing".

I get that one a lot, and I always live. No injuries. It's not a malfunction. I just can't find my pilot chute, or I am moving so slow I do not get it out on time.
My biggest handicap is that sometimes the hole in the front of my head operates a tad bit faster than the grey matter contained within.

I use to have dreams that I was flyin all the time, in order to fly though I would have to get a running start, then make my arms like in a swimming motion and there I was flying, or pretty much swimming through the air. if I quit swimming I would come crashing down. cool shit, love them dreams.......but

And that is exactly why I quit doing acid.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Since I was a child I've had swooping dreams (but without a parachute). I could keep the swoop going too, but only for a while before having to push off again. Like hoverboarding I guess.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

A few years ago I had this dream constantly and it lasted over two years.
I would be in bed and spiders ( all colours all sizes ) would appear and start running over the bed or coming down from the ceiling. I used to jump out of bed and turn the light on it was so real.
Im not scared of spiders I dont like them much after that though [:/]

```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

Ok I wasn't going to post this but here goes. On a normal Thursday I went to bed and dreamed that I woke up and went to work as usual. Nothing special happened at work just finished my day and headed home. After an uneventfull evening I went to bed thinking about jumping the next day. Well at six a.m. my alarm goes off and I get aggrevated cause I think its saturday and I should have set the alarm for later. I can't sleep so I get up, eat, pack my car for the DZ and head out. About halfway to the DZ I get a call from my boss wondering where im at! I tried for twenty minutes to explain to him its saturday and im going to the dropzone! He wasn't amused and needless to say I was drug tested that day.