Beachbum

repack cycle ... inclusive??

Ok ... I looked thru old threads ... and of course have read the stuff in the SIM ... but I'm not totally clear on this, and it makes a difference to me this weekend (long drive to rigger's place ... opposite direction from dz!!).

Here's the question ... 120 days ... is that inclusive?? My repack was done 7/09 ... is friday the last day it's good, or is saturday? It would seem to me that it should be exclusive, since I'm willing to bet not a lot of repacks are done early in the morning ... LOL! Anyway ... one of you riggers help me out here? THANKS!
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Or to put it another way the 7/09/2004 date on the reserve card is day 1; there is no day zero.;)

Count ahead 120 days which is 17 weeks and 1 day. That date on the calendar is the last day the reserve is in date. On Day 121 the reserve is out of date. Return to rigger for inspection/ repack.

Your reserve is in date on Saturday, out of date Sunday.

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

ok ... so if I do count the day the repack was done that means it IS inclusive ... which would make tomorrow day # 120 ... so based on the FAR using the wording "within 120" ... wouldn't that mean tomorrow would be the last day it is good?? (Yes ... I counted twice ... LOL ... Friday to the next one is 8 days ... then 7 for each week thereafter ... don't have a calendar with julian on it here )

With a little luck a rigger will show up at the dz so I can get their decision today ... LOL ... called before I started researching/posting on here about it and nobody home but manifest.

thanks again!!
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

This for me highlights the silliness of rules interpreted too literally vs common sense.

Folks should worry much more over how gear has been stored and handled, it makes an infinite difference by comparrison to one day of difference in repack time.

Doesn't help when you're trying to get permission to jump a rig I realize.

Yes, you are right. Friday is day 120 on your reserve repack. Saturday is day 121.

I didn't check a calendar.:$ I just agreed with Tim. If you wanna jump this weekend, get it packed. Or find a friend's rig and borrow it.

Blue Skies!
Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken