airtwardo

New Year Res ~ Gettin' my Shit together!

airtwardo

When the safe gets full you either get another one or trade for a bigger one.

ONE gun safe??:o

You MUST be joking! >:(;)

If yours gets to crowded I’ll give you some space in mine. ;)

Sparky

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/file001.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/file002.jpg

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp55/mjosparky/file003.jpg
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

mjosparky

Sparky

One of these guys are going to throw you a "How YOU doin'?" after seeing that armory!!

Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

Sparky

One of these guys are going to throw you a "How YOU doin'?" after seeing that armory!!

It’s a good investment…..for when I get old. B|

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

airtwardo

I have hundreds of airshow posters from places I performed at, always thought 'someday' I'll get them framed and hung as a memento...Hell I could wallpaper a hangar with 'em.

What does your DZ have for a bar? Might be good to frame & donate to that cause.

Skydiving tee-shirts...I have 5 or 6 large plastic bins packed with new never worn 'keepsakes' from boogies & DZ's all over.

I second the idea of making them into quilts. You can enjoy them much more often, and they take up less space. :)

Still have every parachute I ever owned...:S

Also an idea to donate to the DZ bar. As long as they don't cover any sprinkler heads, they can be draped along the ceiling, and from the ceiling to the upper parts of the walls.

I don't know just how many various types of lighted Beer signs from the 60's & 70's one actually should have in their possession, but I bet I have 5 or 6 times the recommended amount! :ph34r:

You can guess what I recommend doing with these! (yes, the DZ bar idea). :P They'd probably post some kind of appreciation plaque for your donations, making it one big "I love me" wall (okay, four walls and a ceiling, but you get the idea). That's the place where these things definitely would be appreciated by the right people! Especially those people who know & jump with you as well.B|
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

TriGirl

I have hundreds of airshow posters from places I performed at, always thought 'someday' I'll get them framed and hung as a memento...Hell I could wallpaper a hangar with 'em.

What does your DZ have for a bar? Might be good to frame & donate to that cause.

Skydiving tee-shirts...I have 5 or 6 large plastic bins packed with new never worn 'keepsakes' from boogies & DZ's all over.

I second the idea of making them into quilts. You can enjoy them much more often, and they take up less space. :)

Still have every parachute I ever owned...:S

Also an idea to donate to the DZ bar. As long as they don't cover any sprinkler heads, they can be draped along the ceiling, and from the ceiling to the upper parts of the walls.

I don't know just how many various types of lighted Beer signs from the 60's & 70's one actually should have in their possession, but I bet I have 5 or 6 times the recommended amount! :ph34r:

You can guess what I recommend doing with these! (yes, the DZ bar idea). :P They'd probably post some kind of appreciation plaque for your donations, making it one big "I love me" wall (okay, four walls and a ceiling, but you get the idea). That's the place where these things definitely would be appreciated by the right people! Especially those people who know & jump with you as well.B|

I like your ideas. B|
Always be kinder than you feel.

Also an idea to donate to the DZ bar

My 'home' DZ doesn't really have a bar...one is fairly close but seldom sees a lot of DZ traffic.

That said ~ I use to dream about opening up a bar close to a general aviation airport like the one I lived near in Ca.

In the back of my mind that may be the seed prompting some of the collecting.

My better half has been involved in aviation her whole life and has accumulated a considerable collection of things fitting for such an establishment...combining the two would be a natural & an interesting atmosphere IMO.

However - as I mentioned in a post earlier, been a tough couple of years, especially last year in regard to losing close family & friends.

I had to deal with the 'final affairs' of folks who maybe 'planned' a little unrealistically for lives they would like to have but life got in the way...

Gave cause to do some soul searching & some refocusing on priorities for the future. I'll never own a bar, I can't sit still long enough to make one a success...years ago I always thought 'when I get older and settle down' - but that ain't gonna happen.

Handling the affairs of the deceased showed me quite clearly that all the little important 'treasures' we tend to hold on to - really DO end up owning you.

Mementos of the past are interesting...but really only to you. I figure ya can move forward faster and change direction quicker when you're not loaded down so much.

Capt. Mom & I love to travel, go on new 'adventures' - see & do something different as often as possible...I dunno how much 'time' I have left on this rock, but gathering treasures & worrying about em seems like a dumb thing to do with the time.

So...yeah, some stuff I have will be 'donated' for hopefully useful purposes. Most I'm going to liquidate at a reasonable profit, I usually made pretty wise deals on things and little depreciation is expected - either way it's not about money, it's a downsizing & streamlining thing.

Sounds a bit 'hippie-ish' I know but somehow It feels good to be getting rid of 'stuff' :D

~ As far as making a quilt out of tee-shirts...yeah - right after I start wearin' fuzzy pink bunny slippers! ;):ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

~ As far as making a quilt out of tee-shirts...yeah - right after I start wearin' fuzzy pink bunny slippers! ;):ph34r:

Already quilting aren't ya?:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

airtwardo

My 'home' DZ doesn't really have a bar...one is fairly close but seldom sees a lot of DZ traffic.

That said ~ I use to dream about opening up a bar close to a general aviation airport like the one I lived near in Ca.

I was thinking of opening a bar near the local DZ where the jumpers could unwind after a day of jumping and meet some local girls. I'm thinking of naming it the "Happy Bottom Riding Club".:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

I was thinking of opening a bar near the local DZ where the jumpers could unwind after a day of jumping and meet some local girls. I'm thinking of naming it the "Happy Bottom Riding Club".:)

I always liked "The Burn Inn"

airtwardo

The Pound Inn

The Crater Inn

Hows the plasticized blood stuff going, I haven't asked in a while.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

The Pound Inn

The Crater Inn

Not well. :|

airtwardo

The Pound Inn

The Crater Inn

Not well. :|

Ya know - I have a few small repairs on some household stuff, can I have some blood, I think some Epoxy is just the thing I need.:)

Ok . . . Seriously . . . Damn - that sux.

We need to get together and catch up a bit.
I know you said you needed Divot to chaperon, but I think it's safe enough.;)
Maybe Gonzo will make it this way and we will have some more distilled water.:D:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun