BigMikeH77

Starz/Encore Test Patterns

I was woken from my slumber this morning at about 2:00am by the television broadcasting the most BIZARRE test patterns for over 30 minutes. There was the traditional "Bars and Tone" and the "Indian Head Card", but things got really weird with test patterns intended for HD devices. It was the most psychedelic thing I've experienced since I was 18!

It wasnt just one test pattern. Seriously, it was freaky. The Indian Head Card had a voiceover of someone reciting a civil rights speech, there was one HD pattern that had pictures of women in bikinis in one corner, a ticking metronome type thing at the bottom, and moving black-and-white stripes in a small window.. The only one I didnt see was the old BBC test pattern with the girl playing Tic-Tac-Toe.

Each Test pattern lasted for about one minute, and had its own intro screen with a short description. One was said to include "pink noise" but clearly included "white noise". Others had voiceovers in 5.1 that said "left, left, left... right, right, right... Surround left, surround left, surround left.."

The first one is to test artifacts in compression.
The second one was an elaborate uplink an identifier; not actually a test signal.
The third was standard bars and tone with lame network identifier.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver