Krip

Proof reading is over rated

Krip

***So what you're saying is the police think you're a bisexual polygamist?

I don't really care what the police think. Or your inappropriate wisecracks.

I didn't go whine to a mod about your post, I handled it my self with a PM to you just like I did to David Johns., I havent opened your two PMs or David why should I ?

FWIW My one and only wife and I will celebrate our 39th wedding this satuday. When your into a relationship that long and deep I know exactly who and what I'm married to.:)
39 years is no big deal, as long as there is mutual respect and trust.

Some peeps at the dzs were :o that I allowed my wife over the years to pack my rigs, both round and square mains for me, without direct supervision. Or the benefit of a cypress or a sentinel.

My Sabre one no way, I don't have any unrealistic expectations, a really bad slammer, could have incapacitated me enough that I may not have been able to use my reserve.

If you can't trust your wife with your life, whats the point of being married? My reserve was packed by a rigger or my pencil.

I had enough confidence in my ability to use my reserve either using the cutaway system when we were jumping the belly warts or the present SPR designed by Mr. Booth, that I would be able to save my own butt. Without a mechanical backup.

Man up stop being a bully, taking cheap shots, and use DZ.com for postive vibes regardless of gender.

R.

Right now I'm more trying to figure out if you just blew my silly bonfire post WAY out of proportion or if there's something else going on. Your initial post made basically no sense and all we could get from it is you were cleaning or something, somehow a police report was involved and that report was rather confused.

Then you blow up at two different people over the usual bonfire silliness, which I suppose could happen if you're new 'round the site and aren't used to that sort of thing.

Now normally I'd shrug and make a mental note not to reply to your posts in the future, but we're engaged in a pretty dangerous sport. It sets the bar a bit lower for being concerned about another skydiver's state of mind, and I'm enough over that line right now, that I'd like to ask you if you're OK. Does everything seem to be working normally? If anything seems a bit off, please talk to someone face-to-face and make sure they're able to understand you. Better safe than sorry.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

JohnMitchell

In the future, it won't be "here's all the family photo albums, all 100 pounds of them." It'll be "here's Dad's hard drive. Wanna check for any good files before we erase it?"

In my case I hope there'll be a trusted friend telling my family: "You might want to lend me Mike's hard drive so I can erase some files before you check it." :D

I would have to agree with FlyingRhenquest. Nobody knows you or your sense of humor or speaking abilitities, but if we were gearing up and you were babbling and making as little sense as you did in your original post, I wouldn't let you on the plane for your own good.

I think he (and the rest of us) are just looking out for you. Please don't be offended.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

JohnMitchell

Being depression era kids...they tended to stock up on stuff, if having one of something is a good idea - then having 5 is a GREAT idea! Everything from flashlights to craftsman tool sets never opened to police scanners.

I had those kind of parents too. :)
Time for a massive garage sale. As I downsize, about a third is going to charity or friends, about a third to the dump. First aid kits? One for each car and bathroom. Trying to get it down to "one in the house". Flashlights, pliers,

hammers and beer glasses. How did I get so many? :D

John you said as you downsize, reality check get some rubbermaid containers and station them around the house, you see something that is questionable deposit in there, talk it over with valinda then drop it by good will, the longer you put it off the more crap you will have to get rid of.

Stay focused, I've never had a garage sale, no haggling, no strangers, haul some of your

Hi John

I'm as careful with my money as the next guy.

But rather than list a like new snowblower on craigslist or wherever, for imo for some chump change,

Karen has some cousins poor as church mouse's, thanks to Boeing buying
out Mcdonnel Douglas. Karen, her bro, and I discussed it, and gave it to her cousins for free before we left the midwest for the PNW. No haggling over $ or letting it sit in a empty garage over the winter unused.

That snowblower was used by her cousin in the first snow event this winter in the St louis area. 20 below zero major snow accumulation. :)
Now karens cousin I assume is useing it for the latest snow event. Karens cousin is even cleaned out their neighbors driveways for free. The neighbors even went outside with their shovels and pitched in.

Every time that snowblower gets used those folks will think about Uncle Ed and Aunt Betty, karens folks, and the strong family values they taught their kids.

The cousins wanted to pay something, all we asked was that they come and get it before we leave.

80 mph on I-70, maybe 100 miles after work. I guess the chance of a speeding ticket was worth it.:D

The stuff in our safe will be handed down to Karens family members.

The gigolo that married Karens mom after her dad died. They were married for 10 years. He signed a prenuptial assuming since his new wife was 10 yrs younger that he would go first, wrong :( He got very little, but more than he deserved.

Any of his prized crap that he forget went in the trash. Karens moms family phone number that the bums family wanted transfered to them was disconected. While we were there for a couple of months 95% of the phone calls were for the bum from bill collectors.

Publishers clearing house is bleeding the bum dry, you can google their scam, not as bad as the Nigeria, but over the long haul, it adds up. If anyone has any older folks that are still alive watch out. For publishers clearing house.

The gigolo was meeting the postman at the mailbox every day because they were sending him so much crap he didnt want to miss the big one. They were
delivering so much crap it would have taken a major effort to throw the stuff away fast enough.

It took a couple of tries but now all that crap is going to his kids house;)

On a happy note the old fart is now living with his own family, and he's, not very happy, lots little rug rats, 10 yorkies, and no privacy.:)
Trust me I hope he lives another 20 yrs, with his own familyB|

I like being the nice guy:) UnlessB|

R

FlyingRhenquest

******So what you're saying is the police think you're a bisexual polygamist?

I didn't go whine to a mod about your post, I handled it my self with a PM to you just like I did to David Johns., I havent opened your two PMs or David why should I ?

FWIW My one and only wife and I will celebrate our 39th wedding this satuday. When your into a relationship that long and deep I know exactly who and what I'm married to.:)

Some peeps at the dzs were :o that I allowed my wife over the years to pack my rigs, both round and square mains for me, without direct supervision. Or the benefit of a cypress or a sentinel.

My Sabre one no way, I don't have any unrealistic expectations, a really bad slammer, could have incapacitated me enough that I may not have been able to use my reserve.

If you can't trust your wife with your life, whats the point of being married? My reserve was packed by a rigger or my pencil.

I had enough confidence in my ability to use my reserve either using the cutaway system when we were jumping the belly warts or the present SPR designed by Mr. Booth, that I would be able to save my own butt. Without a mechanical backup.

Man up stop being a bully, taking cheap shots, and use DZ.com for postive vibes regardless of gender.

R.

Right now I'm more trying to figure out if you just blew my silly bonfire post WAY out of proportion or if there's something else going on. Your initial post made basically no sense and all we could get from it is you were cleaning or something, somehow a police report was involved and that report was rather confused.

Then you blow up at two different people over the usual bonfire silliness, which I suppose could happen if you're new 'round the site and aren't used to that sort of thing.

Now normally I'd shrug and make a mental note not to reply to your posts in the future, but we're engaged in a pretty dangerous sport. It sets the bar a bit lower for being concerned about another skydiver's state of mind, and I'm enough over that line right now, that I'd like to ask you if you're OK. Does everything seem to be working normally? If anything seems a bit off, please talk to someone face-to-face and make sure they're able to understand you. Better safe than sorry.
One Jump Wonder

FlyingRhenquest

******So what you're saying is the police think you're a bisexual polygamist?

R.

One Jump Wonder

Some ebay, some Craig's list, a lot of giveaway to friends and family. I know there's some bad people out there but they are not attracted to "antique rocker for sale" ads. They're more into the $2000 diamond ring stuff. And I can read most folks pretty well. Hell, I'm scarier than they are. :D

Still sorting thru all the stuff. Too many tools, too many hobbies.:)

JohnMitchell

Some ebay, some Craig's list, a lot of giveaway to friends and family. I know there's some bad people out there but they are not attracted to "antique rocker for sale" ads. They're more into the $2000 diamond ring stuff. And I can read most folks pretty well. Hell, I'm scarier than they are. :D

Still sorting thru all the stuff. Too many tools, too many hobbies.:)

Hi Mr Mitchell

Thanks for the civil comback.

Remember when we we discussing disposing of the half full paint cans, and you suggested donating them to a school.

Have you considered donating your spare hammers and other extra hand tools to the local high school. For their shop class.
Spray paint them some outstanding neon color.

Might be a nice gesture from the lupus foundation, and help your fund raising efforts

Krip

***So what you're saying is the police think you're a bisexual polygamist?

R.
With all respect stop your whining or go to a different forum. Maybe the womans forum.

Hey guys...let's focus on the intent of the original post and drop the nit-picking about how it was worded and structured. :)
And congrats to you, Krip, on your 39th anniversary. That's awesome!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

DiverMike

I would have to agree with FlyingRhenquest. Nobody knows you or your sense of humor or speaking abilitities, but if we were gearing up and you were babbling and making as little sense as you did in your original post, I wouldn't let you on the plane for your own good.

I think he (and the rest of us) are just looking out for you. Please don't be offended.

dude im old enough to be your daddy.

Dont worry about me worry about yourself.

Fwiw I live thirty miles from the same dz that john mitchell jumps at. Think multiple turbine. Dont like the vibes, its not worth my time, to commit to a 100 jumps per year to stay current and be treated like crap.

I prefer to stay home with my wife and kids. The stuff that really counts.

Dave johns made a public apology, rehnquist wasnt man enough to admit he made a mistake. So tried to spin what he said, then he played the crazy card. And you followed him like his bitch.

Read skymoms post. Down there. That nice lady is a volunteer shes planning her wedding with normiss, and she took the time to post her response.

Read it it and learn. Think for yourself before you put something in writing. Follow people with honor like like Dave Johns, rather than flying R. A person that resorts to winning at all costs.

Were you one of those dudes in the back of the short school bus that followed the bullies just so you could fit in.:)
Don't bother answering I, m going the PM route with the people I know and trust, to avoid trying to teach little children that think they know it all.

R.I.P. my real dz name. :D all those waivers initial every paragraph. Yep never had a problem. Stay away from a dz for 15 yrs for some reason they remember my name.

ITSOC check out the history and trivia forum (except) DB COOPER thread. SOS, you might learn the way it really was.

Remember you called me whatever, check with John Mitchell
One Jump Wonder