diablopilot

Oh my aching back!!!

Bending over a pack job for 10 minutes has my lower back on fire. I know I have a weakness there, and should be packing on a table, but I have trouble fitting a 28 foot packing table in my apartment:P (Boy do I miss having keys to a loft!)

What if anything do you riggers and BASE packers do to aleaviate this problem? I find getting up and waling around every 5 to 10 minutes helps, but it does make packing take longer.......
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

The key to eliminating back pain (nearly any ache, pain, or injury for that matter) is to identify the muscle imbalances that are pulling the spine, bones, and joints out of place and then stretch the tight muscles while strengthening the weak muscles. (find back stretches?)

make sure you're monitoring the symptoms of your back pain as well, to make sure you don't develop anything serious

maybe try wearing some sort of ice pack?

check out this website http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/1090-lower-back-spams.htm

BE THE BUDDHA!

Bending over a pack job for 10 minutes has my lower back on fire. I know I have a weakness there, and should be packing on a table, but I have trouble fitting a 28 foot packing table in my apartment:P (Boy do I miss having keys to a loft!)

What if anything do you riggers and BASE packers do to aleviate this problem? I find getting up and walkng around every 5 to 10 minutes helps, but it does make packing take longer.......

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I sympathize with you bro, what with my herniated disc, bruised knee, etc.

The secret is finding something else productive to do while you are walking around, straightening out your back.
I like to do paperwork, straighten out the main, go to the can, find Cypres batteries, etc.

Oh! If you leave a sand bag on the rig for those 10 minutes, it will help squeeze air out of the canopy.

My boss has promised to re-decorate my loft this winter, so I am going to ask for a huge (big enough for a tandem reserve) triangular table, about waist high.

I feel for you. I sprained my back at Snore a few weeks ago, I did a canopy transfer, then walked out the twists in the brake line, triple checked everything several time. Then as I was getting up and something felt odd. A few hours later my lower back was hurting bad. Short term solution to get through the pain motrin or Tylenol. Also you could lay with your back to the ground, bring your knees to your chest (kindof like fetal position, but back on the ground) grab your knees with your hands and slightly roll left to right emphasis on lower back. This will massage your lower back. Learned this in a pilates class. Long term solution, ABS. If you have strong ABS you will avoid most common lower back ailments. Stretch too, emphasis again on lower back. Like someone said take two or three pilates classes just to learn the stretching techniques they use. Hope you feel better.

after i had back surgery i was getting all kinds of lower back aches from where they cut my muslces..... theyhave me a few stretches and a few exesises to trenghten them. and as someone else said abs.... strengthen the front to help the back.. i know it sounds wierd but it works.........

and as people have sugested a back brace or "girdle" is abad idea.. it makes the back rely on it and actually weakens it.......

as most people on here have said exercise. i was have back problems about 2 years ago and my back would hurt so bad i could not sleep then i realized i had turned into a big wuss i started lifting weights 3 times a week and running the other three. back problems are gone. sit-ups and crunches for strength in the front then do some good mornings you can use a broom to start with put it on your shoulders like you are going to do a squat the just bend forward at the waist. do 12-15 of each three times, three times a week and back will be new before long.