Kingsixx

Skydive The Ranch in Hot Water

Seems as though someone at Skydive The Ranch thought it would be a good idea to post on Facebook that they would be offering free tandems on Veteran's Day to any WW1 (yes, World War 1) vets who showed up before 10am.

This has gotten a lot of people pretty riled up since there are no surviving veterans of that war. Numerous people are leaving derogatory comments on their Facebook page and some are even posting negative reviews on some online sites such as Yelp. Some are even going to the extreme of posting death wishes.

Myself being a veteran, I found the post/"joke" to be in extremely poor taste but what I find even worse is the fact that instead of owning up to the mistake, whoever is running the Facebook page would rather just delete comments in hopes that this will go away. In my opinion, they could have handled the situation much better had they just owned it and apologized for their lapse in judgement.

Now, I don't want this to be the yardstick by which I measure this place but after doing some intro tandems out in Vegas, I found out that I live about 20 mins from The Ranch and I was planning on doing my AFF there once the spring hit but now I'm a bit uncertain. I think it would be wise of them to get ahead of this before it spins out of control and damages their reputation.

For now, I'm reserving judgment in hopes that they fix this.

In not reading the actual verbiage; I'll make a couple of comments.

1, It may very well have been nothing more than a typo for WWII vets and instead of correcting them on the matter - folks get "riled up" and start throwing rocks in several ponds to cause ripples in many places.

2. Please don't commingle a facebook faux pas with the quality of training you'd receive there. They have some damn good Instructors.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

BIGUN

In not reading the actual verbiage; I'll make a couple of comments.

1, It may very well have been nothing more than a typo for WWII vets and instead of correcting them on the matter - folks get "riled up" and start throwing rocks in several ponds to cause ripples in many places.

2. Please don't commingle a facebook faux pas with the quality of training you'd receive there. They have some damn good Instructors.

You're right and I understand. From all accounts, I've heard nothing but good things about them. I just wished that they would set the record straight cause they're getting slammed on their page.

BIGUN

It's facebook; not factbook.

Hence, my reason for deleting my FB account not long after checking it out (about 8 minutes I think) ;)

I quit facecrack after years of use and just decided it wasn't for me anymore. The only thing I miss is the trash-talk with friends who are fans of my favorite college football team's arch-rivals. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

normiss

There is a shit ton of douche-baggery talk on there.

Next!

....as well as On HERE !!!;) hahahahah

Lighten Up Francis !! B|
could be a simple typo ( look and see WHERE the number keys for 1 and for 2 are located ) ;)

any chance that the "negative replies " are coming from the same folks who post about " they are Flying AIRPlanes over MY House " ??? !! hahahaha NON jumping nit pickers, who BUY a place under the departure end of a busy runway....:o

the Only "hot water " and "damage to reputation " that i see HERE,,,, come from Your Original Post....

WHY ?? haven't they "fixed it "...???
Maybe it is simply because they are out SKYDIVING....

Not to mention that There has always been a certain "Ranch sense of Humor "..
P.S. The Father of the DZO(s) is a WW2 Veteran,,,,, and so any INTENTIONAL attempt at disrespect, is HIGHLY unlikely ( imho )
:)

jimmytavino

***There is a shit ton of douche-baggery talk on there.

Next!

....as well as On HERE !!!;) hahahahah

Lighten Up Francis !! B|
could be a simple typo ( look and see WHERE the number keys for 1 and for 2 are located ) ;)

any chance that the "negative replies " are coming from the same folks who post about " they are Flying AIRPlanes over MY House " ??? !! hahahaha NON jumping nit pickers, who BUY a place under the departure end of a busy runway....:o

the Only "hot water " and "damage to reputation " that i see HERE,,,, come from Your Original Post....

WHY ?? haven't they "fixed it "...???
Maybe it is simply because they are out SKYDIVING....

Not to mention that There has always been a certain "Ranch sense of Humor "..
P.S. The Father of the DZO(s) is a WW2 Veteran,,,,, and so any INTENTIONAL attempt at disrespect, is HIGHLY unlikely ( imho )
:)
Relax pal, my intent was never to upset you or anyone else here. Just wanted to get some clarification on this since it is a forum that caters to people who jump out of airplanes and I figured it was relevant.

My apologies for pointing something out and offending you.

Not offended at ALL Kingsixx...and Hope YOU are Not,,,either...

the "douche-baggery" mentioned earlier. isn't aimed at you.. at all...

(mostly to be found here,, in Speakers Corner )
A point i intended to make in an edit, as i returned here
, just now. :|
I enjoy visiting DZ dot com and reading about many subjects, sport related and otherwise,,,,Sometimes i will comment. All meant in a spirit of conversation and exchange of ideas...Certainly , your thread title, got my attention...

I DO appreciate your sensitivity to the issue, ( whether it was intended or Not,,,) upon noting your Service to Our Country... Thank you for That. and Have a great Veterans Day week...

jmy

I started with the baggery comment Jimmy, no offense meant to anyone at all, just a general comment in re: the comments on the Ranch's FuB page.
It's a mountain / mole hill IMO.

As a vet, I wouldn't be offended by someone's lack of typing skills, or knowledge.
It's not as big a deal as some want to make it I think.

I'm busy trying to schedule my day of free food tomorrow!
B|