sfzombie13

this is a lod of crap!

regarding this post: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4717870;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread, which i am not claiming to know anything about the intent of the author, was actually quite entertaining to me, as i thoroughly enjoyed all of the stories. why in the blazes was it locked? i also thoroughly enjoyed billy's thread. if this is what dz is coming to, then by all means, count me out. i used to get lots of entertainment from reading threads, though lately it has become more of a downer finding that most of the truly interesting things are being locked. what the heck did it hurt to have one thread, one, out of all of them where you could go to look at gross shit or naked women etc.? sounds to me like an authority trip, but i have no personal knowledge of the individual locking the threads, so will withhold any further remarks.

sfzombie13

regarding this post: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4717870;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread, which i am not claiming to know anything about the intent of the author, was actually quite entertaining to me, as i thoroughly enjoyed all of the stories. why in the blazes was it locked? i also thoroughly enjoyed billy's thread. if this is what dz is coming to, then by all means, count me out. i used to get lots of entertainment from reading threads, though lately it has become more of a downer finding that most of the truly interesting things are being locked. what the heck did it hurt to have one thread, one, out of all of them where you could go to look at gross shit or naked women etc.? sounds to me like an authority trip, but i have no personal knowledge of the individual locking the threads, so will withhold any further remarks.

That would be....
Wait for it....

The OWNER of the site. His playground.... his rules.

The Sick and Twisted thread, for example, didn't just get locked, but was totally deleted.
(Into the "recycle" forum which is shows up in searches, but can't be viewed.) The "Word Association" thread with 8700+ replies has been locked but hasn't been deleted. Why? Site owners less worried about NSFW content?

I have never really been involved in the giant threads in Bonfire but it is curious that things have changed so much with little notice or explanation. (Maybe I've missed it somewhere.)

Now I know the rules state:

Bandwidth and Performance Saving
Threads that have more than 1,000 posts or 10,000 views may be locked to maintain optimal system performance and preserve bandwidth. When this is done it will be indicated as such and you're welcome to start a similar discussion again. Posts made with the explicit goal of soliciting multiple short responses (“Post Whoring”) may be locked or removed to preserve bandwidth. [

Although I don't know the history here, it seems as if policy has effectively changed without being clear about it.

Policy seems inconsistent with the above rules: It says long threads may be locked but but that posts (not entire threads) encouraging multiple short responses may be locked. Perhaps someone claims that "all" posts in a long thread, no matter how well intentioned, are somehow encouraging multiple short responses. This seems to be a bizarre interpretation of the stated rules. Of course there are catch all rules so that anything can be deleted if they want, 'you are a guest here', nyah nyah nyah.

Very hard to tell what might arbitrarily disappear or be locked!

Another thread with 34000 views and nearly 700 posts is OK and apparently not a threat. ("Put up a damn picture of something fun you've been doing")

Hope it doesn't happen in other forums too with skydiving history or accident information or rigging knowledge -- although threads stay shorter (other than DB Cooper).

Is someone allowed to start a post called "Weird and interesting stuff (but don't post more than X replies per day or this will disappear)"??

Disclaimer:
I'm not trying to make this a gripe post -- subject to removal according to the rules -- yet this might end up being classed as a gripe thread subject to removal. I'm addressing the history of events in this forum in a serious way to help understand them.

References:
Locked "Word Association (the New DZ.com Game)"
Deleted "BillyVance's sick and twisted and/or NSFW photo attachment thread"

See ya, dont let the virtual door hit you in the arse on the way out:)

What a bunch of whiny fucks:S

If DZ.com if that high on your entertainment list, you have much bigger problems then a post being locked.

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Repetitious waste of bandwidth.
The word association was even worse.
Posting a single word ad nauseum.

Seriously? Those threads were entertaining?

Maybe some of you are on the wrong forums for stuff like that.
I was under the impression this is a skydiving forum.

sounds to me like an authority trip, but i have no personal knowledge of the individual locking the threads, so will withhold any further remarks.

In case you didn't know, dropzone.com is owned by one guy. So, if he decides he's done with his skydiving website being the host for a "gross shit" thread, then he has every right to delete what he wants without a bunch of gripe threads popping up.

I'm not going to test this, but I would bet if you typed "gross shit" or "naked women" in a Google search, you'd probably find plenty of videos to keep you occupied.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon