Mikki_ZH

Packing Volume Crossfire 2

Does anybody know if a Crossfire 2 119 fits into a Micron V308 with a PD126R?
The V308 is for a Stiletto 135, which has a packing volume of 315 cu.in.
The packing volume of the Crossfire 2 is 342 cu.in. (According the specs). This is 8% more than the packing volume of the 135 Stiletto! Can someone explain me this? I don't get this because both canopies are 9 Cell...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Hi Mikki, the Crossfire might pack bigger due to the nose construction.

Just a little question/remark, are the Crossfire or the Stiletto for you ?? Sorry this might become a flame fest. All I can say is TAKE CARE
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Thanks, but I'm not going to downsize in the near future. I bought a new rig, V308, and I'm going to pack my Sabre 2 150 for another 100 jumps or so. I will then put in a Stiletto 135. I don't know yet for how many jumps I will use this canopy but I think at least 300 to 400 jumps. I just wanted to know if I have to buy another rig (bigger one) if I want to downsize to a crossfire 119, which is somehow paradox because both canopies are 9 cells and the crossfire 119 has a much smaller surface.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Like the other guy said, please read this canopy checklist or something very similiar. There is absolutely no rush to downsize, especially from a sabre 150 to a stiletto 135. I know you have heard this or read this before but , Please be careful.

Trying to fly something beyond your comfortable (no wind, downwind, etc..) range is not worth being in the hospital. There is plenty you can do on a sabre.

I have a Micron 308 with a PD126r and a Crossfire2 119. No problem packing this. I actually believe that a 129 would do fine also.
Guess I should mention that I'm used to tight pack jobs. I used to pack a ST135 in a ST120 Javelin container (TJN?) so the 119 in the 308 really is a cakewalk