2shay

viper 150 slow openings but soft

I have recently started jumping a viper 150 and the openings snivel too long for my comfort should I try to Phsycho pack. I have kept the slider out of the way enough to where it should open quicker but not slam me but it hasnt changed much in the amount of altitude that is burnt up as the canopy snivels.
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

this may be a stupid question but what are you doing to the nose? the tail? ive got about 20 jumps on a viper 120 and i thought the openings were sweet, not to long but not to short. all i did was stick the nose in about 1/4 to 1/2 way and put a couple rolls in the tail and that was it.

Man my viper 170 I had was a slammer, and I remember the manual came with packing instructions to make it open slower...if you were followinf thos direcctions then maybe you're rolling the nose too much...and if you're leaving the nose straigh and untouched...then maybe try the psychopack...or maybe the lines need to be changed...good luck.

Felipe
--
Blue Skies
NO FEARS, NO LIMITS, NO MONEY...
"A Subitánea et Improvísa Morte, Líbera nos, Domine."

how's the trim on it? I had a viper170 that took forever to open (spectre and crossfire got nothin'). I went to sell it to downsize and it turns out the thing was 8" out of trim. Opened more reasonably bust still nice after a re-trim.

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

I used to own a Viper 150 that I kept around for demos and such; it opened perfectly. If your canopy is opening too slowly, it's possible that the brake lines have shrunk up to the point that the cats-eyes are too low to allow for proper inflation. Slow openings are a plus for me. How long does your canopy take to open? If the trim checks out right, then you can easilly make it open nearly as fast as you like. Leave the nose out there and don't wrap the tail much and that should really help. If it's out of trim, then get your lines replaced.

Chuck

I jump a 105. Sweetest opening canopy ever with the greatest non-x-braced bottom end. It's so good, consistent, and on-heading it has become my WS only canopy. Don't do anyting with the nose. Quater the slider without covering the nose, don't roll the tail too much and you'll should be fine. No need to pycho with that beautiful S. African fabric.
Memento Audere Semper