ryoder

Andy Rooney was right

I just call it info overload. I was on a job awhile back as a foreman and we were spending half the day on paperwork while trying to keep the guys working. Tools, materials, etc. Got called to the office and the big boss handed me a tablet. I said "What for?" He wanted me every hr. to write down how much time I spent in the last hr. doing paperwork. :S Go figure. I tossed it in the can and walked out. Pushing 60 now I do know when I take job related classes it takes me a lot longer to digest the info. I always liked Rooney. Miss him. Charley Reese was good too. http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/reese.asp

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Forgetting HAS to be programmed into the brain! Could there be any reason to store every face you see on a crowded street or passing through a tollbooth?!

Interestingly it is believed that smoking marijuana turns on or activates this brain function. Go figure!

Mine has been working overtime for years even without help.

Jon

jonstark

Forgetting HAS to be programmed into the brain! Could there be any reason to store every face you see on a crowded street or passing through a tollbooth?!

Interestingly it is believed that smoking marijuana turns on or activates this brain function. Go figure!

Mine has been working overtime for years even without help.

Jon

If you want to see something mind-bending about memory, watch this: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/memory-hackers.html

The astonishing part is the discovery that every time you recall a memory, it is stored all over again, but not necessarily identical to the original memory. There is even a treatment shown for phobias that exploits this fact.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

There was a feature on Discovery or maybe it was 60 Minutes about people that could remember EVERYTHING. Mary Lou Henner (the actress who played the female driver on Taxi) was one of them. She could remember what the weather was on any day she was asked. These people could tell you what they did and what was said any time in the past. I don't remember what it is called (I'm obviously not one of them) but they were phenomenal.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Niki1

There was a feature on Discovery or maybe it was 60 Minutes about people that could remember EVERYTHING. Mary Lou Henner (the actress who played the female driver on Taxi) was one of them. She could remember what the weather was on any day she was asked. These people could tell you what they did and what was said any time in the past. I don't remember what it is called (I'm obviously not one of them) but they were phenomenal.

Mary Lou Henner was mentioned in the PBS show I linked to in post #4.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.