Willibo

Cave diver heading to wingsuit diving

I tried skydiving through the common tandem, strapped to somebody's body (not very comfortable and feeling rapped) while the guy and another girl instructor made fun of everybody else shitting in their pants. Just as expected.

I loved it; so much that my 2014 year resolution is to wingsuit dive. As it turns out, regulation might delay the goal but not prevent from achieving it.

Scubadiving is my passion. I guess air and water might go along well.

So, here I am. On my way. Any advice on a very good quality full weekskydiving course, please share it.

Well southern California, Eloy (Arizona), and Houston also have DZs with generally-temperate weather. So in part it depends on where it's easiest for you to get to.

There are very inexpensive non-camping housing options at most (if not all) of them as well.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I just did my AFF at Skydive Elsinore just outside of Los Angeles, CA. They get a lot of guys from the UK who do their training there this time of year because the weather is good and the winds are calm. The instructors have been awesome and the dropzone is relaxed and has plenty of space. I'm on track to have my A license in 8 days of jumping. So, if you were to jump consecutively for 7 days, you could get your license in a week. However, I have been grounded due to cloud cover and wind. So i'd give yourself a few buffer days no matter where you go. Students aren't allow to jump if winds are above 14MPH.
Klaasic

Welcome to a new world. You will notice the similarity between Scuba and Sky Diving. It is theoretically possible though highly unlikely you could be legally jumping a wing suit in 2014. It seems you are already aware of the 200 jump requirement.

Having spent some time underwater in confined environments myself I understand where you are coming from. The skills you have developed understanding and mitigating risks will help you well in skydiving.

It is far more common to be seriously injured or die in skydiving because of too rapid progression than it is even in the world of cave diving. Take your time and enjoy the experience.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

All of the dropzones mentioned are considered good for training. Just see what works best with your budget and travel time.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Skydiving and diving trip could be pretty cool!

Well if you come to FL, let me know. As you already know, we have some great caves in N FL. Ginnie, Peacock, Little River....etc.

And in S FL we have some great wreck dives.

I have not been Cave diving much (dive buddy died in his sleep). And my other buddy has two kids and went back to school.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I did my first skydive in late Oct 2011 with the goal to fly a wingsuit. The first 6 months were very slow with several problems. After 14 months of spending most of my spare time at the DZ, I had 114 jumps. I reconsidered my goal and the timeline, which caused me to take most of my vacation time and a good chunk of change from the bank. After 15 months (total) I had done my first wingsuit flights.

I certainly did not have time for any other hobby. I think it is wise to focus on skydiving (while learning) and not spilt your interest with other hobbies that require similar focus (read....can kill you).
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

There is a LOT of crossover between SCUBA and skydiving. In NYC there are more than a few DZ's that can get you an A license quickly, but not right now. The winter is brutal at altitude so most DZ's go semi dormant. If you're in a hurry, FL is your best bet. I'll recomend Z-Hills (Zephyrhills) outside of Tampa. They'll be able to get you everything you need to get started.

Have fun.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I was actually talking about people. There is a huge number of jumpers who SCUBA also.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717