Wildcavemandan

Hello from England! Looking for advice :D

Good day,

My name is Dan, I am travelling the world in search of beauty and wildlife. I am keen to start skydiving as I love adrenaline rushes i would love to meet new people who have knowledge for me to to learn I am going to start my AFF within the next 2 months.

If there is anyone who is looking to do the AFF, and wants to buddy up that would be rad.

Anyway, I would love to chat to anyone who skydives in England, or anywhere around the world. :D

Dan

Welcome to the forums! :) Good luck with your training! And, you don't really have to have anyone to go through AFF with you, I'm sure you will meet plenty of people at the dz.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hello dudes and mama :D

Shorehambeach,
well I am deciding to take it either with London parachute school, or I have a friend who got given the course as a Christmas present (lucky wot sit) and he is doing with skydive hibaldstow, so I might book up there, where did you do yours and how was it?

Skymama,
I think I will be the only wildlife under the canopy :) are you the forums moderator? I'll try to keep the language and humor clean. :D

Kenthediver,
Hey dude, I live in the south west of England in Dorset, as I posted above I think I am going to more than likely go for skydive hibaldstow, budget wise, cheap as possible but still good quality for what I pay. I was actually thinking Spain could be a good bet as the weather will be clean blue skies, I speak little Spanish though, spent a few months working there but only learned basic phrase and bad words.

Dan

Dan, Hibaldstow - one of the instructors there is Bryn Chaffe, a really good bloke. Would be good to do your AFF there, as he has started a residential school for 0 - 200 jumps - for folk who want to progress fast. Not sure if this would be an option for you, but if you do your AFF there, and you decide to go all out for this, then it would be really advantageous to continue your training there. As for spain, most of the DZ's have well qualified english speaking instructors. Decide whether you want BPA or USPA certification, and then choose the spanish DZ accordingly. (I did my AFF in Spain - not regretted it at all!)
Finally, blue skies
Ken

Hello dudes and mama :D

Shorehambeach,
well I am deciding to take it either with London parachute school, or I have a friend who got given the course as a Christmas present (lucky wot sit) and he is doing with skydive hibaldstow, so I might book up there, where did you do yours and how was it?

Skymama,
I think I will be the only wildlife under the canopy :) are you the forums moderator? I'll try to keep the language and humor clean. :D

Kenthediver,
Hey dude, I live in the south west of England in Dorset, as I posted above I think I am going to more than likely go for skydive hibaldstow, budget wise, cheap as possible but still good quality for what I pay. I was actually thinking Spain could be a good bet as the weather will be clean blue skies, I speak little Spanish though, spent a few months working there but only learned basic phrase and bad words.

Dan

I would advise you to consider skydive spain near sevilla :) great drop zone which is owned by same people that run hibaldstow (if i remember correctly). Most of the staff there is english and you will thank yourself later for choosing a place with great weather. Finishing of aff in england can take ages if your unlucky with the weather, in spain you have a good chance to be done in few days :) Good luck!

Yes, I am a Mod, as well as anyone else you see with a green name. The guys who run the site have their names in Red.

If you keep your language and humor clean, you'll be one of the few. :ph34r: All I care is that you follow the forum rules.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

London Parachute School used to be run by a guy who was disgrace to the sport. Greedy, disorganised, lazy and arrogant. After watching him in action for 2 days I would have stripped him of all his ratings had I the power to do so in the UK.

Uk weather isn't the best....go to Spain (Empuriabrava is cool) or Texel in Holland.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

I'll try to keep the language and humor clean. :D

THAT won't last very fuckin' long! :P

Meh, it's an adult forum. Just like the DZ is an adult playground.
Language and conversation subjects that wouldn't be appropriate in a work place or at the dinner table (depending on your family of course) are just fine here.

If you look in the "Sick and Twisted" thread, you will get an idea of what kind of weirdness is within the rules.

And you can always ask "WWBVD?"

And then do the opposite. :P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hi there. I did my AFF in Ocana (you can read my story in the Intro and Greets section!) Bryn Chaffe was an instructor there at the time - hence my recommendation. I took my eldest son there - twice! Always felt very safe. I have not jumped at EmpuriaBrava but have heard very good things about it. I suggest you contact the FFU (freefall university - Ocana - my trainers) as well as EmpuriaBrava and then decide. BPA is 18 jumps for A licence - and USPA is (I think - but please dont quote me) 25 jumps for A. Both are recognised world wide so it depends on your time and budget as to which you do. I have heard of some folk who have both so....You pay the money, its your choice!
Good luck

Hey, welcome to the sport!!

There's a lot of bah humbug about british weather, and rightly so. Time of year is an important factor, but you'll also find British jumpers will jump in conditions our American bretherin won't.

There are a number of good dropzones outside of the UK that'll offer you USPA and BPA licenses. Am not familiar with the UK rules, but am sure if you're a UK resident the expectation is that you hold a UK license or convert to one.

If I were you, I'd also look at dropzones a little closer to home. Depending which side of Dorset you are, then Dunkeswell is worth a look. They fly to 15,000ft and have the quickest planes (2x Beech 99).

I've only been there for the odd weekend and boogie but it seems like a good DZ and close to you :)

Dan, Hibaldstow - one of the instructors there is Bryn Chaffe, a really good bloke. Would be good to do your AFF there, as he has started a residential school for 0 - 200 jumps - for folk who want to progress fast.

Bryn Chaffe took me through my AFF when he worked in Spain last year and I would deff. recommend him. He's very thorough, a senior instructor, top bloke.... and he likes dogs.
I still can't believe I can turn up at a drop zone a go and jump out of a plane! It just doesn't seem right that they let me do it!! B|