weebarra11

Aloha from Scotland!

Hi everyone! I've been skydiving for around 2 years, but only recently got my A licence. At this time of year in Scotland, it's COLD!! Anyone any tips on the best way to wrap up warm, numerous layers don't seem to be cutting it anymore :(
Quite interested to hear other peoples stories of how they got into skydiving, and what made them keep going. I found that I was hooked after my very first jump which was a tandem, it was all I could think about for weeks! Love it so much I'm even doing my 4th year university dissertation on it (feel free to take part, it would be much appreciated as I need close to 400 people!)
https://hass.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3PdJeUcEknFdnut

Hoping this year to save up some money and go abroad somewhere warm for a jumping holiday :)

Fàilte!

Where do you jump? I meet quite a few weegies who jump at Black Knights in Cockerham.

I reckon it's just best to get out to Florida. Spain used to be good but the cost of jump tickets has gone up with the increase in VAT. Either that or tunnel time.

Adam.

Hey there Weebarra. I'm a relatively new jumper myself that has a huge aversion to the cold - all my friends constantly tease me about how I'm always freezing when it's 15 degrees outside.

This is my first time jumping through a winter season where we hit about -15 to -20c at altitude and I have not once had a problem with the kit I currently wear. I've gone the full Under Armour route. Coldgear compression both top and bottom and I don't feel a thing.

I essentially wear the baselayer, a t-shirt and my jumpsuit. I'll only add a sweater when doing a hop'n'pop at 8am when it's still too cold to go without one.

Welcome to the forums! :) I do recommend you saving your money towards a trip here; I've known a lot of people from your neck of the woods who have done that and found the financial part of it to be quite favorable.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Really I don't. I got lost going to MASS. once right after I moved here,ended up in Rhode Island. Also, thought NYC was north of me because every one kept saying "I'm going up to NY" yeah its south. ugh
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

Hi everyone! I've been skydiving for around 2 years, but only recently got my A licence. At this time of year in Scotland, it's COLD!! Anyone any tips on the best way to wrap up warm, numerous layers don't seem to be cutting it anymore :(
Quite interested to hear other peoples stories of how they got into skydiving, and what made them keep going. I found that I was hooked after my very first jump which was a tandem, it was all I could think about for weeks! Love it so much I'm even doing my 4th year university dissertation on it (feel free to take part, it would be much appreciated as I need close to 400 people!)
https://hass.eu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3PdJeUcEknFdnut

Hoping this year to save up some money and go abroad somewhere warm for a jumping holiday :)

My advice would be to concentrate on your dissertation and university, that's more important :)
I am in Scotland and like fair number people either travel the three hours to Either black Knights or Peterlee. what university do you go to as there are a number worth Skydiving clubs that organise trips abroad or events in the UK. Check to see if there is one at your Uni if your not in one already.

Cheapest place to travel(Exchange dependant) to would be some place in Europe Spain or Portugal might be hot enough :D, you can't beat travelling and meeting people around the world in this sport.

As for layers got to Go outdoors they usually sell stuff quite cheap used for hillwalking i use Rab or American armour tops but there are plenty of unbranded stuff out there just as good.

Scotland is Cold but you get used to it :P

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun