AZ_Ron

Another Newb!

Hi All... Getting closer to making my dream of skydiving a reality. I'm 42, Married, father of 4, all teenagers.
I've been wanting to skydive all my life. First wife shot that in the butt, second wife is supportive of anything I do. She's awesome!
My boss is an ex-SEAL and skydives regularly with his old squad and has offered to take me on a tandem just to make sure it's what I expect. If I'm into it, he and his buddies will take it from there. I'll be reading everything I can find, as I don't believe you can learn to much, especially about something where you take your life into your hands every time you jump! ;)
I've spent the last 13 years flying high power rockets, dicking with computers, woodworking, guns, etc... Yes, I have a bit of A.D.D.! ;) I enjoy every minute of it!

Anyhow, just wanted to say 'Hi!' and give y'all a little background about myself. Oh, I live in Phoenix. Looks like Eloy will be the main haunt! ;)

L8R all!

Ron
Stupidity should be painful!!

Sounds like you have a pretty good opportunity to try skydiving; a supportive wife, boss that is a tandem instructor, and close to Eloy. Not many have that combination.
I started in my 40s too and have been enjoying every minute. Let us know how your first jump goes and what you think. Like most you will probably be hooked!
The meaning of life . . . is to make life have meaning.

Thanks for the welcome!!
I'm working on shedding a lot of weight. I've let myself
get fat over the last decade and am working on getting
rid of the excess tonnage. I should be in the air in February
or March, and once I'm up, I don't plan on quitting! ;)
I've lost 36lbs since August, so I'm well on my way!
Skydiving is a big motivation for losing the weight!

Cheers!

Ron
Stupidity should be painful!!

Thanks for the welcome!!

Cheers!

Ron

Hi Ron!
I've just started this sport, and I have to say.. WOW! I wish I hadn't started too late in the year, because now I can't go. (Too cold in Chicago.) But have fun with it!

Congratulations on the weight loss though! It's incredible what a goal/ something to look forward to can do! Keep with it!

Hi All... Getting closer to making my dream of skydiving a reality. I'm 42, Married, father of 4, all teenagers.
I've been wanting to skydive all my life. First wife shot that in the butt, second wife is supportive of anything I do. She's awesome!
My boss is an ex-SEAL and skydives regularly with his old squad and has offered to take me on a tandem just to make sure it's what I expect. If I'm into it, he and his buddies will take it from there. I'll be reading everything I can find, as I don't believe you can learn to much, especially about something where you take your life into your hands every time you jump! ;)
I've spent the last 13 years flying high power rockets, dicking with computers, woodworking, guns, etc... Yes, I have a bit of A.D.D.! ;) I enjoy every minute of it!

Anyhow, just wanted to say 'Hi!' and give y'all a little background about myself. Oh, I live in Phoenix. Looks like Eloy will be the main haunt! ;)

L8R all!

Ron

Your gonna love it, and Eloy is a great DZ...BUT, there is no such thing as an "Ex" SEAL..;) Once earned, you get to keep the title!B|

L8R all!

Ron

I Also started jumping At 46> I did my tandem , and aff and license jumps at eloy... Eloy is the ony DZ ive ever jumped at. The instructors are Top notch and all the fun jumpers are very helpful. I live in Tucson about 50 min away. We are very lucky to live so close to a great DropZone

Thanks for the welcome!!

Cheers!

Ron

Welcome Bro. Your getting a triple benefit. Your getting healthier, getting into the most exciting sport in the world and your gonna make some awesome lifelong friends along the way.