Jaredf21

"Im new, I dont know what to do"

Hi! Im Jared. I just moved from Indiana to Houston. Ive done 3 tandem jumps. My first in Vegas in '08, 2nd in Ohio in '09, and the 3rd today at Skydive Spaceland. I havent had a DZ close to me before so Im ready to go for my license now. I have one more tandem to do tomorrow then I can go through their Student Training Program! Im just a little excited about that! I look forward to meeting people and learning this sport. If you are around Houston and wanna hang out let me know. :)

You're gonna love Houston, we have TWO turbine DZ's spitting distance from downtown!

I jump at Spaceland most of the time, so get your license and lets get in the air.

Ya can't miss me...I'm the big old guy in Red White & Blue, lookin' forward to meeting you & welcome to the jungle!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hi Jared and welcome to the forums! So let me get this straight did you want to do more tandems down there before starting aff or is that something they are requiring you to do? Sounds a bit odd to me if it's the latter...

Spaceland uses a tandem progression student training program. Nothing odd about it at all:
http://www.skydivespaceland.com/stp.php

I didnt want to do more tandems but it is a requirement for them. The previous jumps I did at other places were just goofing around. I didnt get a log book or anything to prove that I actually jumped. Im glad I did the two with spaceland though. I just did my second one today and Ive learned quite a bit that I didnt learn in my previous tandems.

Like Jim said...welcome to the jungle!

I live in south of Houston and drive to work every week day IN houston. My home DZ is Spaceland and when you get your license there should be plenty of people close to your skillset willing to jump with you. If you are having problems finding people after you get your license PM me and I'll jump with you.

Paul