surfneng

Hey Everyone!

I've been lurking around the forum for about a month and thought I'd finally say hi.

I started AFF about a month and a half ago, and did jumps 4 and 5 this past weekend. I also was told for the first time to repeat a level :(.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hear about others experiences!

-Eric

For this jump, there was a new exit method (diving out instead of stepping out), two 360 degree turns, and track forward and dock with the instructor by only straightening your legs.

When I dived out, I wasn't facing forward enough and started tumbling. But I recovered and probably still would have passed if everything else went well.

The two 360 turns were fine, but every time I tried to go forward, I think I wasn't straightening my legs evenly and started turning. After 3 tries, I ran out of time.

Now that I know what I did wrong, I think try 2 will be much better.

For this jump, there was a new exit method (diving out instead of stepping out), two 360 degree turns, and track forward and dock with the instructor by only straightening your legs.

When I dived out, I wasn't facing forward enough and started tumbling. But I recovered and probably still would have passed if everything else went well.

The two 360 turns were fine, but every time I tried to go forward, I think I wasn't straightening my legs evenly and started turning. After 3 tries, I ran out of time.

Now that I know what I did wrong, I think try 2 will be much better.

dude, dont worry about being unstable on exit, of my 15 or so jumps, MAYBE 2 of them were remotely stable exits. but it taught me to recover fast, so its all good.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

You will get the dive out exit down soon. Just remember to arch hard on exit. Did you try pulling your arms back some when you extended your legs to go forward? I find that pulling them back to where my hands are about equal to my shoulders gives me pretty decent forward momentum.
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

i dont think i did. but then i havent jumped in a WHILE sadly. but ill keep that in mind when i do go again
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

. . . I also was told for the first time to repeat a level :(.
-Eric

Don't worry about the repeat. Many students have one or two of those. One key thing I was told to remember about skydiving, and have found to be very true - it is NOT a sprint, it is more of a marathon. Don't rush anything. Take your time, relax, learn and enjoy.

Blue skies!
The meaning of life . . . is to make life have meaning.