mgregory

How I got here.

I've been lurking around the forums for a little while now and thought I would introduce myself. I did my first tandem in 06 and said I wanted to get licensed. I never seemed to have the extra cash to do all the AFF and Student jumps, plus buy the gear. In January of 2009 my mom pased away from cancer (diagnosed at the end of Dec, passed away at the end of Jan). In May my Dad and I went to Vegas to get away for a weekend. While sitting at the bar my Dad turned to me and said, ''You want to go skydiving again?'' I said, ''You paying?'' and he replied, ''Yup.'' My Mom did have life insurance so we decided to use some of it to insure we were living life! In May we took or AFF class and did our first jump. My Dad did 8 jumps and might go back this summer. I continued jumping, got my license in August, and have been addicted ever since. I would give it all up to see my Mom one more day, but the loss of her and my introduction to skydiving has changed my life in alot of ways. So, I suppose she is watching me above the clouds as I fall through them. Blue Skies!
AKA MG Hammer Flying Hellfish #834 Son's Of Bacon #1

What an amazing story! That's just about what my sister and I did. Thank goodness, my mom found the cancer early enough and they just took all of it out as soon as possible. But since then, she's always been the first to encourage my sister and myself to do what we want and live life they way it should be lived. Good for you, glad you've joined the forums.
If you disbelieve everything because we cannot certainly know all things, we shall do much-what as wisely as he would not use his legs, but sit still and perish because he had no wings to fly.-JL