skydivercowboy

new to skydiving but already addicted

B| hey everyone im Hal, im from texas and im 18. my first jump was november 7th. i may be a beginner but im so addicted to skydiving already. i love that rush! and thats all i really want to do now. but anyways if yall have any information, tips, or anything that i need to know, i would greatly appreciate it if you share it with me. thanks
love that rush!

im coming back december 5th to get my second tandem in. and i went november 7th with my mom for her birthday....i dont know if you were there but we were the last tandem that day if you remember us. but jeff was my instructor and sam was my moms.... and yeah i will definitely get my aff there.... so what all is in the aff course... like how many levels and jumps? im looking forward to working with you.
love that rush!

We'll answer a lot of your questions in the First Jump Course. We'll teach you a lot of information that you need to know before jumping with a rig on your back. You'll learn about equipment, safety procedures, freefall dive flow, emergency procedures, canopy control, landing pattern, landing, etc...

I look forward to seeing you then!

-Beth
http://3ringnecklace.com/

...so what all is in the aff course... like how many levels and jumps?...

USPA has the Skydiver's Information Manual. This page is where the ISP starts.

Along with the Poynter book that someone else recommended to you (in another thread I think), it covers most of what you are able to learn without actually jumping.
That only scratches the surface of what you need to learn, but it's a place to start.
Most of what you will learn will come from doing.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

reading the sim before you take the class is a good idea, but dont stress out trying to remember everything in it cause most of it wont make much sense till after your first jump course anyway. another tip is prepare to be poor. im in college and its everything i can do to afford a couple jumps a month. most dz's offer an aff package. its a good idea to save up and buy it as a package, you will learn more and be able to knock them out without having to worry about jump currency because aff is too expensive to repeat a jump if you passed it. and when you do start aff just remember to listen to your instructors.
good luck and blue skies
"Never grow a wishbone, where your backbone ought to be."