Corinna01

TRYING to do AFF course

I started my AFF course 9/18~ Was unable to jump due to weather(windy). So I did a working tandem just so I could jump....Man I love jumping. Anywho...went up to my DZ last weekend and again was grounded because of the wind :(. I am very glad they are safety conscious...but bummed I didnt get to jump. So going to try again this weekend to get jump # 2 completed....been practicing my jump sequence every night...my bedtime ritual. Am taking the week of the 9th off to get as many done as I can this season. I want to have my A license by next spring.....IM HOOKED!!!!!!

Corinna

I am in the same boat as you!!!

I started AFF today and should be done with all jumps by tomorrow. BUT!! Winds were picking up in the afternoon right after ground class, so no jumps today.

I hate having to take off more time from work, but it gives me more practice time. And now it appears the wind might be here till Wed...oh well.

Good luck with the weather and your future jumps!

Hey!
Xtra~ I am doing my course in Lebanon, ME @ Skydive New England, I love it there!!
I sure am glad that I didnt have to land my canopy under windy conditions.....Hang in there pumpkin....you'll get er dun. Determination gets you far in this sport! Be safe everyone....will let you know how it goes this weekend, altho right now it looks like rain:(. Not going to make the drive if the weather looks iffy....to far. Going Columbus Day weekend and staying the week. Keeping fingers crossed the weather cooperates!
Blue Skies,

Corinna

I am in the same boat. I made a first tandem and was instantly hooked. I went back a month later for my first AFF--did all the training and then the nose strut broke on the plane before I got to go up. Went back this past weekend intending to do my Cat B and first Cat C jump. Did all the bookwork and ground training for Cat C but never got in the air as there were clouds and winds all day. Trying again on Columbus Day weekend. At least I have three days to try to get some jumping in.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Hey!
Xtra~ I am doing my course in Lebanon, ME @ Skydive New England, I love it there!!
I sure am glad that I didnt have to land my canopy under windy conditions.....Hang in there pumpkin....you'll get er dun. Determination gets you far in this sport! Be safe everyone....will let you know how it goes this weekend, altho right now it looks like rain:(. Not going to make the drive if the weather looks iffy....to far. Going Columbus Day weekend and staying the week. Keeping fingers crossed the weather cooperates!
Blue Skies,

Corinna

yeah getting dragged across the grass like a ragdoll is no fun.. :)

I had my first jump (tandem) on Sept. 5th! I was addicted the second my feet left the plane. Started AFF and now have 10 jumps--if the wind/rain/clouds weren't an issue I could possibly have my license. I am usually the first one at the DZ and have spent countless hours watching the sky and hoping to jump! Long story short....I feel your pain! everyday could be the last day my DZ is open.