InfiniteLevels

New and obsessed!

Hey everyone, i am new to these boards and skydiving in general!

A couple of weeks ago, i had my first jump at skydive hawaii! I am from Chicago, and before the jump, my tandem partner was telling me to check out skydive chicago when i get back.

I told him that this was a one time thing, and i didnt plan on doing this again. He just laughed at me.

Well he was right. It was the most amazing experience ever! I am totally obsesssed with it. I keep thinking about going again, and i cant stop staring at the skies longingly! After only 1 jump i am already thinking about trying to get the license. I plan to check out skydive chicago in a week or two! As strange as this sounds, I really feel some sort of calling towards it!

Nobody warned me how addictive this could be!!

Welcome to the forums and the sport and if your gonna get licensed you better get used to it. Its damn addictive and will eat your money like no other sport I've ever been a part of. It's worth every penny though. Skydive Chicago is a great place to get licensed. I did AFP in a week there and loved it.

...He just laughed at me.

That laugh WAS your warning.
:D:D

He sent you to a great place. You'll love it there.

Have you ever eaten Ramen noodles? Start digging out enhancement recipes now...you'll be glad you did.
:D:D

Welcome to the world of skydiving.
:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Ahhhh, another one in the fold!!! Welcome to my "legal addiction" !! Thought the same thing... you know... "its a 1 time thing" ... "something to cross off my bucket list" ... LOL Soooo within 2 weeks of my 1st tandem, I was in AFF class! About $6k later, I have my A license and my first "new to me rig" (Wings W11, Triathalon 175, PD 160 smart reserve and Vigil AAD) It permiates all my thoughts.. skies willl NEVER look the same/I end up daydreaming about falling thru them all!! Again, welcome!! We(the skydiving community) look forward to seeing you in classes soon!! Blue skies
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!

I still think about it all the time, and am definitely planning my next jump pretty soon.

What is it like after you become more experienced? Do you get desensitized to it? Does it lose that "OMFG WOW!" factor?

I really feel like if i can jump out of a plane, i can do anything!

Welcome to the wonderful world of skydiving. For me the first time I jumped out of an airplane I considered it nothing less than a spiritual experience. Very calm and peaceful. I knew then that I was hooked. As I’ve progressed I’ve taken joy in embracing the fact that this is a survivors sport. I love learning everything I can about minimizing the risk and maximizing the experience. I hope I never loose the passion iv found in skydiving and hope the same for you.

Congratulations on your first jump and I hope you continue on !! But remember your a skydiver even with one tandem and you get it now. Jumping is fun as hell for sure, but the people I've met and the friends I have now because of skydiving to me is the best part. You may go broke with your new addiction, but at least you'll be in good company. Blue skies. B|

Ordinary's..... just not good enough today.

Im still pretty darn new to the sport (only 37 jumps to date) so its ALLLLLLL still fresh and exciting. From talking to other jumpers, to a certain degree that "edge" is taken off ( Like with anything that you would do over and over again) but they still get the jitters/excitement when jumping. I try to remember that no 2 jumps will be exactly the same. Learn from each one of them and enjoy them all. Again, blue skies and welcome!
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the boards and the sport!

Its been a pain trying to find people to jump with me. Everyone just looks at me like im crazy! I convinced one person to go with me, but we arent going for a couple more weeks, and i am impatient and cant wait that long, so i've scheduled my second jump for this weekend! I feel kinda weird going to a DZ alone to skydive but i can't wait!

I'm really looking forward to it! It seems like all the little problems that normally bother me (as well as the bigger ones)...they just dont matter right now cause im so excited about my next jump! i cant remember the last time anything in life has really excited me this much!

Hope my second jump is as awesome as my first!

There are not many in the general population interested in trying this wonderful sport. You will find people to jump with once you get to the drop zone. Going skydiving can be a solo event. Being a skydiver is a team sport. Go jumping.
POPS #10623; SOS #1672

yea not today, the weather is terrible

im gonna try to take the transition class the 19th, though i cant do the whole afp in 1 week thing because i cant take that week off work... they said i dont have to do the 1 week program, and i think i can take the week after that off from work, so hopefully i will be doing a lot of my jumping then.....

scared and excited...:S

what do the people do at dropzones when the weather sucks this bad?

haha thats true! anything you can conceive you can acheive right?!

i guess the better wording is that i really really dont want to take that week off cause its the last week at my job and last time ill see a lot of my friends.

Is it really a bad idea to jump when its less busy? maybe i shouldn't do it then....