rygon

dont normally say anything

...but already thanks for giving me some great info into skydiving. Im doing my AFF level 1 this friday and wanted to learn a bit about skydiving beforehand...This place has been the most informative place so far so cheers.
Being technically minded i want to learn as much about how a parachute/skydiving works as possible so any threads you know of pls tell me about (if i get into trouble i want to know exactly what happening)

actually more importantly ..what sort of poses look good for the camera
hope to speak to you all soon

tah
Ryan:)

Welcome to the forums! :)

Being technically minded i want to learn as much about how a parachute/skydiving works as possible so any threads you know of pls tell me about (if i get into trouble i want to know exactly what happening)

Once you go through your training, schedule a canopy control class. If Scott Miller comes to your dz, his is a great one to take. In addition, Brian Germain wrote a good book called, "The Parachute and Its Pilot", that you would probably get a lot out of.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Yeah, I would agree with the thumbs up pose. I tried doing the rock-n-roll 2 finger pose and in the video it looks like im throwing gang signs all the way down...

Haha! that's so true.... I'm sure this is a girl thing, but when I got video of my first jump in Hawaii, I blew the camera guy a big ol' kiss right before exit.... I know, I'm such a badass :)
Into the great wide open/ under them skies of blue/ out in the great wide open/ a rebel w/out a clue.....

hahaha gangs signs sound good...but i think i'll stick to the thumbs up.
well had my course today but didnt jump due to cloud. Will be doing it next wednesday instead so gives me a week to practice at home (forget everything more likely)

Had a look at the ACE book and its helped me a lot. Cheers