michalm21

Hey everybody!

I started my AFF last week. I'm currently recovering from a bad landing and a sprained ankle (rookie mistakes), and getting ready to get back (1000miles hehe) and continue L4 B|
It took me 2 years since my tandem (I was in college, broke) but it's soo worth it.
Dropzone.com truly is a great community & learning place, and I hope to meet new people & have many good conversations with everybody here.
-Michal

Yes, I should have been smacked for the mistake I made. Even though I was drilled not to turn low, it somehow felt natural to turn as I thought I was overshooting my landing area. And since I did not want to risk landing on the runways, I turned downwind and approached landing [:/]
I did not even think about PLF (which I will practice some more next time), wind was ~5mph so I was lucky. Had a rough landing, spraining my ankle in the process. [:/]
On the good note, everything else was really good (if I only didnt mess up landing approach).
In general, I think it was a good lesson to learn, a lesson that may save me in the future :)
Good to read you too, Martin!

Welcome! You'll find that you can just about find any answer to any question just by searching DZ.com! I don't post that much simply because I'm still finding interesting forums that were started 3-4 years ago!:o I'll get caught up eventually!;) Again, welcome!

Eric

The Braver the Bird...The Fatter the Cat.

Sorry to hear bout your ankle. Good to hear you're still chompin at the bit to get back up. Are you gonna continue AFF in the NY area? If you do, may i suggest The Ranch. Just did levels 4 and 5 there, very good instructors, facilities good, well run, great vibe, and oh yeah, it rocks!
"Remember the First Commandment: Don't Fuck Up!"
-Crusty Old Pete

On jump number 13, yea, number 13, I flared to high, got my lift, lost my lift and landed hard and thought that I would still stand it up so didn't PLF. The result was a pretty nasty sprained ankle. [:/] That also cost me a month of jumping.>:( Anyway the moral is that I never ever made that mistake again. So just learn from the mistakes and keep having fun. Welcome to the wonderful world of skydivin.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.